Treasury Fixed Income Trader Senior (Remote Work Location Available)
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: November 22, 2020
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Treasury Fixed
Income Trader Senior (Remote Work Location Available) for the San
Antonio Home Office I.
Interprets and reports on current and anticipated market
conditions. Performs fixed income trading for bonds, to include
holdings appropriate for a depository institution. Conducts
negotiations for aggressive and best execution of trades. Serves as
a subject matter expert and assists in the coaching and training of
other traders.Job RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA knows what it means to
serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S.
military members and their families. This singular mission requires
a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.In each of the
past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to
Work For--, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military
Friendly-- Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran
workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply. (17
seconds) (31 seconds)Job Overview
- Identify and manage existing and emerging risks that stem from
business activities and the job role.
- Ensure risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follow written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
- Maintains knowledge of the securities markets in general and/or
individual securities owned by USAA and its affiliates through
interfacing with market participants and market research to provide
security selection decisions and provide input into portfolio
allocation across asset classes.
- Interprets and reports on news items, current economic data and
market activity, and trends and forecasts of possible market impact
to various stakeholders to inform decision-making regarding the
portfolio as key component of the Bank's overall balance
- Utilizes extensive expertise across broad fixed income asset
classes appropriate for banking and depository institutions and
liquidity management in order to optimize the portfolio when
considering both risk and return parameters.
- Understanding of derivative structures and hedging strategies
used by banks and other financial institutions.
- Conducts and maintains written summaries on pre-trade analytics
for all purchases and maintains portfolio management environment
for ongoing analysis of Bank portfolios.
- Briefs senior bank and treasury management on market conditions
and forecast and participates in committee discussions regarding
portfolio purchase and allocation strategies.
- Negotiates trades independently considering the current market
environment, supply, demand and liquidity for specific security
types, and other relevant factors that may affect pricing.
- Assists with the development of strategic guidance to senior
bank and treasury management on market conditions and forecast and
participates in committee discussions regarding recommended
portfolio purchases and allocation strategies.
- Monitors and maintains team processes and procedures.
- Monitors and maintains tracking of trading activity to ensure
progress toward completion of investment directives and reports
regularly to key stakeholders on activity and progress.
- Monitors and reviews requirements within Affiliate Service
Agreements and escalates concerns as appropriate.
- Serves as team POC for matters related to regulatory and policy
compliance, Internal Controls over Financial Reporting, Audit,
- Coordinates with Treasury, investment and finance leaders to
ensure portfolio execution aligns to committee, policy and Board
approved mandates.Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics
or related discipline; 4 additional years of related experience
beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a
- Minimum of 6 years' trading fixed income securities.
- Advanced knowledge of the bank balance management and asset
allocation across fixed income asset classes, and demonstrated
application of knowledge, skills and abilities towards work
- Advanced level of business acumen in the areas of the business
operations, industry practices and emerging trends.
- Advanced understanding of accounting classification, liquidity
haircuts, risk-weighting, collateral management, baseline and
stress performance and the impact to income statement and balance
- Ability to advise across committees and leaders on security and
allocation strategy to support Asset Liability Management (ALM) and
duration of equity targets.
- Strong understanding of the functioning of primary and
secondary fixed income markets, pricing, and valuation of
- Strong understanding of structured products, with an emphasis
on mortgage-backed securities, underlying loan characteristics and
their effect on pool behavior in various market environments, and
- Demonstrated leadership of business-directed projects, which
require collaboration across multiple teams/LOBs.
- Understanding of the trade flow process and various parties and
systems used for settlement, custody, accounting, performance, and
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office, with an emphasis in
Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Bloomberg.
- Familiarity with one or more portfolio analytics
- Experience with management of fixed income
portfolios.*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job
level*When you apply for this position, you will be required to
answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5
minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to
finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your
- Strong understanding of all aspects of the repo market
including money markets, fixed income securities, relative funding
rates in repo space and the repo transaction lifecycle.
- Ability to constantly review end to end processes,
appropriately challenge as first line of defense to identify
controls gaps and implement remediation steps if necessary.The
above description reflects the details considered necessary to
describe the principal functions of the job and should not be
construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be performed in the job.At USAA our employees enjoy one of
the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible
business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical,
dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building
programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing
education will assist you with your professional goals.USAA also
offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you
manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two
company stores and three fitness centers.Relocation assistance is
not available for this position.For Internal Candidates:Must
complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date
of placement) or must have manager's approval prior to posting.Last
day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 11/10/20 by
11:59 pm CST time.
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Treasury Fixed Income Trader Senior (Remote Work Location Available), Accounting, Auditing , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!