Senior Auditor - Corporate Finance
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: November 23, 2020
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Senior Auditor -
Corporate Finance for our San Antonio, Plano Legacy, Phoenix, Tampa
or 100% remote work environment.
Executes and may lead moderately complex audit assignments.
Identifies problems and resolutions for risk-based assurance and
advisory engagements across the organization. Performs risk and
control identification and evaluation, advanced audit techniques,
research and analysis, and conducts client meetings and interviews.
Adheres to the Institute of Internal Auditors' International
Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
(Standards) and Code of Ethics. Maintains knowledge of financial
services regulations and effectively responds and interacts with
regulators.Job RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA knows what it means to
serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S.
military members and their families. This singular mission requires
a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.In each of the
past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to
Work For--, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military
Friendly-- Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran
workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply. (17
seconds) (31 seconds)Tasks
- Leads and executes moderately complex audit engagements
throughout the audit life cycle, to include understanding of
horizontal and vertical business impacts, integrating audits with
Information Technology (IT), analytics, and projects and reviewing
- Conducts or assists with continuous monitoring and advisory
activities, special reviews and investigations.
- Ensures engagements are completed objectively, professionally,
timely and in accordance with corporate and industry audit
- Manages engagement-related efforts and assignments of staff
with varying degrees of expertise and experience when conducting
engagements as the Auditor-in-Charge (AIC).
- Prioritizes work to meet milestones without compromising
- Reviews work papers and delivers audit team end of engagement
evaluations when applicable.
- Performs and updates engagement risk assessments utilizing
current data (including risk trends, risk levels, and/or
- Communicates effectively with audit leaders, and
clients/business leaders to include delivering both risk-based and
- Identifies control weaknesses and opportunities for improvement
in the current operating environment; develops recommendations for
corrective action; drafts related issues and audit reports for
issuance to respective client leadership.
- Builds and develops relationships both internally within Audit
Services and externally with clients and control partners. Minimum
- Bachelor's degree in Business or relevant field or four
additional years of related experience beyond minimum required may
be substituted in lieu of a degree.Minimum Experience:
- 4 or more years of audit, financial, insurance, banking,
information technology or related business and/or leadership
experience or relevant Master's Degree with 2 or more years of
relevant experience.*Qualifications may warrant placement in a
different job level*When you apply for this position, you will be
required to answer some initial questions. This will take
approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not
be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to
change your responses.Preferred Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance, Economics, or related
- 4 or more years of experience in general accounting reporting
preferably from large and complex financial institution.
- 4 or more years of US GAAP statutory reporting within Big Four
public accounting environment.
- Hands-on experience with auditing controls around internal
controls over financial reporting (ICFR), Sarbanes- Oxley (SOX 404)
- Knowledge auditing regulatory reporting - call report, FR Y9C
- Knowledge auditing enterprise money movement and financial
statement fraud risk.
- Knowledge auditing risks and controls associated with federal,
state, and sales tax reporting.The above description reflects the
details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of
the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of
all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.At USAA
our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the
business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress
environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along
with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education will assist you with
your professional goals.Relocation assistance is not available for
this position.For Internal Candidates:Must complete 12 months in
current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must
have manager's approval prior to posting.Last day for internal
candidates to apply to the opening is 10/29/20 by 11:59 pm CST
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Senior Auditor - Corporate Finance, Accounting, Auditing , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!