Financial Accountant I General Accounting - Life Insurance Team
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Financial Accountant I
to join the General Accounting-Life Insurance Team. The new hire
will work in the San Antonio, TX facility.Financial Accountant I
executes moderately complex to complex accounting functions,
including preparation and review of journal entries and account
reconciliations, preparation of financial results for internal and
external purposes, audit support, and financial analysis. Performs
in an advisory capacity to operational business leaders on matters
pertaining to business initiatives or strategies. Serves as subject
matter expert for less experienced team members, and resolves
issues and navigates obstacles to deliver results.Job
RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA knows what it means to serve. We
facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military
members and their families. This singular mission requires a
dedication to innovative thinking at every level.USAA Careers -
World Class Benefits (31 seconds)Primary Responsibilities:* Applies
GAAP, STAT and regulatory accounting treatment to complex
accounting transactions, and demonstrates understanding of key
* Communicates processes and procedures, financial results and
analysis to internal and external stakeholders.
* Performs in an advisory capacity to operational business leaders
on matters pertaining to business initiatives or strategies.
* Leads special projects and coordinates with key stakeholders to
ensure timely completion.
* Collaborates and maintains strong relationships with business
* Acquires and applies intermediate knowledge of the business to
resolve issues and provide informed, proactive reporting and
analysis to enable effective decision making.
* Develops and maintains processes, procedures and tools.
* Facilitates and reviews internal controls to ensure an effective
and efficient financial system.
* Provides guidance and shares knowledge with less experienced team
* Serves as subject matter expert on projects related to accounting
systems, legal structures, new product launches and other
initiatives, ensuring compliance with accounting and reporting
* May participate in the RFP process.
* Identifies opportunities for process improvements that further
departmental goals and objectives.
* Performs all other tasks as assigned.
Minimum Requirements:* Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance,
or a Bachelor's degree in another field coupled with a Certified
Public Accountant (CPA) designation required OR 4 additional years
of related experience beyond the minimum required may be
substituted in lieu of a degree.
* 4 or more years of relevant work experience performing standard
accounting functions including preparing and reviewing journal
entries, account reconciliations and preparing financial results
for internal and external purposes or other similar experience.
* Proficient knowledge of GAAP, STAT and regulatory accounting
* Demonstrated ability to partner effectively with other team
members and stakeholders across CFO and the Enterprise.
* Proficient knowledge of data analysis techniques and statistical
* Proficient knowledge of relevant technical accounting and
* Proficient knowledge in applicable Microsoft Office
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer
some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes.
Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at
a later time and you will not be able to change your
responses.Preferred Skills:* Insurance accounting or insurance
* Current and active CPA
* Accounting experience in a publicly traded Fortune 500
* Master's degree in Accounting
* Big 4 public accounting experience
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to
describe the principal functions of the job and should not be
construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be performed in the job.Compensation:USAA has an effective
process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure
we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based
on your experience and market position. The salary range for this
position is: $60,300-108,600* (this does not include geographic
differential it may be applied based on your work
location).Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on
overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion
of the USAA Board of Directors.* Geographical Differential:
Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible
employees working in locations where market pay levels are above
the national average.Shift premium: will be addressed on an
individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently
scheduled for non-core hours.Benefits:At USAA our employees enjoy
best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and
emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical,
dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental
benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid
holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness
programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing
education assists employees with their professional goals.Please
click on the link below for more details.USAA Total
RewardsRelocation assistance is not available for this position.For
Internal Candidates:Must complete 12 months in current position
(from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager's
approval prior to posting.Last day for internal candidates to apply
to the opening is 4/06/21 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Financial Accountant I General Accounting - Life Insurance Team, Accounting, Auditing , Marion, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!