Financial Accountant I - Fixed Assets
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Purpose of Job
We are seeking a talented Financial Accountant I for our San
Antonio, TX facility.
Executes moderately complex to complex accounting functions,
including preparation and review of journal entries and account
reconciliations, preparation of financial results for internal and
external purposes, audit support, and financial analysis. Performs
in an advisory capacity to operational business leaders on matters
pertaining to business initiatives or strategies. Serves as subject
matter expert for less experienced team members, and resolves
issues and navigates obstacles to deliver results.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level.
USAA Careers - World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
* Applies GAAP, STAT and regulatory accounting treatment to complex
accounting transactions, and demonstrates understanding of key
* Communicates processes and procedures, financial results and
analysis to internal and external stakeholders.
* Performs in an advisory capacity to operational business leaders
on matters pertaining to business initiatives or strategies.
* Leads special projects and coordinates with key stakeholders to
ensure timely completion.
* Collaborates and maintains strong relationships with business
* Acquires and applies intermediate knowledge of the business to
resolve issues and provide informed, proactive reporting and
analysis to enable effective decision making.
* Develops and maintains processes, procedures and tools.
* Facilitates and reviews internal controls to ensure an effective
and efficient financial system.
* Provides guidance and shares knowledge with less experienced team
* Serves as subject matter expert on projects related to accounting
systems, legal structures, new product launches and other
initiatives, ensuring compliance with accounting and reporting
* May participate in the RFP process.
* Identifies opportunities for process improvements that further
departmental goals and objectives.
* Performs all other tasks as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance OR Bachelor's degree
in another field coupled with a Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
designation required; 4 additional years of related experience
beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a
* Minimum of 4 years' relevant work experience performing standard
accounting functions including preparing and reviewing journal
entries, account reconciliations and preparing financial results
for internal and external purposes or other similar experience.
* Proficient knowledge of GAAP, STAT and regulatory accounting
* Demonstrated ability to partner effectively with other team
members and stakeholders across CFO and the Enterprise.
* Proficient knowledge of data analysis techniques and statistical
* Proficient knowledge of relevant technical accounting and
* Proficient knowledge in applicable Microsoft Office
* Proficient knowledge of Fixed Asset Accounting
* Proficient knowledge of Lease Accounting-ASC 840 and/or ASC
* Proficient knowledge of Accounting for Internally Developed
* Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel (i.e., Pivot tables,
v-lookup, if/and statements, etc.)
* Big 4 experience
* Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to
describe the principal functions of the job and should not be
construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and
establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid
within the salary range based on your experience and market
position. The salary range for this position is: $60,300.00 -
$108,600.00*(this does not include geographic differential it may
be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall
corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the
USAA Board of Directors.
* Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is
additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations
where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for
applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their
physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
Please click on the link below for more details.
USAA Total Rewards
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or
date of placement) or must have manager's approval prior to
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 4/07/21
by 11:59 pm CST time.
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Financial Accountant I - Fixed Assets, Accounting, Auditing , Atascosa, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!