Senior Auditor - Compliance (100% Remote Work Opportunity)
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking a Senior Auditor - Compliance in San
Antonio, Plano Legacy, Phoenix, Charlotte, Tampa or 100% remote
Remote work is available for candidates who do not live in a
location where USAA has a physical office.
If on location: USAA values a culture that is highly collaborative,
and we have found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the
best of both worlds - collaborating in-person in the office and
working from home when needed to achieve focused deliverables. The
actual days onsite are determined between each employee and the
If remote: Occasional travel will be required to USAA facility for
training and/or meetings.
Executes and leads audit assignments. Identifies problems and
resolutions for risk-based assurance and advisory engagements
across the organization. Maintains knowledge of financial services
regulations. Performs risk and control identification and
evaluation, advanced audit techniques, research and analysis, and
conducts client meetings and interviews. Adheres to the Institute
of Internal Auditors' International Standards for the Professional
Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards) and Code of Ethics.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level.
USAA Careers - World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
* Independently executes audit test work timely and with high
* Executes and may lead as Auditor in Charge (AIC) for audit
engagements throughout the audit life cycle, to include
understanding of horizontal and vertical business impacts,
integrating audits with Information Technology (IT), analytics, and
* Ensures engagements are completed objectively, professionally,
timely and in accordance with corporate and industry audit
standards, when AIC.
* Manages day to day engagement-related efforts including work
delegation to audit team members with varying degrees of expertise
and experience when conducting engagements, when AIC.
* Completes audit team end of engagement evaluations, when AIC.
* Assists in updating the risk & control matrix for each engagement
with oversight from the Auditor-in-Charge and/or other Audit
* Identifies control weaknesses and opportunities for improvement
in the current operating environment; develops recommendations for
* Assists AIC in drafting related issues and audit reports for
review by audit leadership.
* Participates and provides feedback during team audit activities
on planning and scoping, business understanding/walkthroughs, and
review of risk assessment and testing and demonstrates critical
* Executes on audit documentation techniques including key risks
and controls alignment to audit test objectives and conclusions; is
accountable for completing work paper documentation within quality
* Utilizes analytical skills to conduct or assist team members with
continuous monitoring activities, advisory activities, special
reviews and/or investigations.
* Develops internal and business leader and partner relationships
while also beginning to effectively challenge, communicate and
deliver risk-based, difficult messages regarding issues and control
weaknesses to ensure proper risk assurance coverage.
* Provide coaching and guidance to less experienced team members to
ensure quality and timely completion of audit test work.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer
some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes.
Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at
a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
* Bachelor's degree in Business or relevant field such as Finance,
Accounting, Business, or Information Technology. Four additional
years of related experience beyond minimum required may be
substituted in lieu of a degree.
* 4 years of audit, financial, insurance, banking, information
technology or related business and/or leadership experience.
* Experience performing internal audits, external audits, or
applying audit, risk, or compliance acumen in a complex operational
and regulatory environment.
* Demonstrated experience effectively communicating and challenging
Controls with business partners and leaders.
* Understanding of risks and internal controls and the ability to
evaluate and determine adequacy and efficiency of controls.
* Demonstrated experience in highly dynamic environment undergoing
change; ability to deal with competing priorities.
* 1-3 years of experience in compliance audit, compliance testing
or compliance examiner experience
* Experience or exposure to compliance risk management and/or
federal consumer compliance regulations such as SCRA, MLA, flood
Reg. B, HMDA, Reg. E, Reg. DD, FCRA, Reg. Z, etc.
Compensation: USAA has an effective process for assessing market
data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You
are paid within the salary range based on your experience and
market position. The salary range for this position is: $72,900 -
$131,400 *(this does not include geographical differential, it may
be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall
corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the
USAA Board of Directors.
* Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is
additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations
where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: Will be addressed on an individual basis for
applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core
Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to
support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These
benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans,
401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption
assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid
volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education assists employees
with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
USAA Total Rewards
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Senior Auditor - Compliance (100% Remote Work Opportunity), Accounting, Auditing , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!