Financial Accountant Senior (Hybrid Work Location Available)
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Purpose of Job We are seeking a talented Financial Accountant
Senior to work in a hybrid capacity in our San Antonio Home Office.
USAA values a culture that is highly collaborative, and we have
found that the best work for this role is done with a hybrid model
where our teams work in the office for collaboration and from home
to achieve focused deliverables. The actual days onsite are at the
discretion of each team manager.
The new hire will have the opportunity to execute and advise on
accounting functions, including reviewing journal entries and
account reconciliations, financial results for internal and
external purposes, audit support, and financial analysis. Job
Requirements About USAA USAA knows what it means to serve. We
facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military
members and their families. This singular mission requires a
dedication to innovative thinking at every level. USAA Careers -
World Class Benefits (31 seconds) Primary Responsibilities:
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
- Applies advanced knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting
Principles (GAAP) and Statutory Accounting Principles (STAT) and
regulatory accounting treatment to complex accounting transactions
and shares understanding of key implications. May assist team
members in developing knowledge of various accounting
- Makes recommendations, prepares and communicates processes and
procedures, financial results and analysis to internal and external
- Assists in resolving accounting issues and makes
recommendations to leadership.
- Performs in a financial accounting advisory capacity to
operational business leaders on matters pertaining to business
initiatives or strategies. Collaborates and maintains strong
relationships with business partners.
- Leads special projects related to financial accounting and
coordinates with key stakeholders to ensure timely and accurate
- Resolves issues and provides informed, proactive reporting and
analysis to enable effective decision making.
- Develops and maintains processes, procedures and tools
impacting financial accounting that may impact the finance
- Facilitates and reviews internal controls to ensure an
effective and efficient financial system.
- Reviews the work of team members and provides guidance and
coaching when issues arise.Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related degree or
a Bachelor's degree in another field coupled with a Certified
Public Accountant (CPA) designation required. 4 additional years of
related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted
in lieu of a degree.
- 6 years of relevant work experience performing accounting
functions including preparing and reviewing journal entries,
account reconciliations and preparing financial results for
internal and external purposes or other similar experience.
- Advanced knowledge and application of GAAP and STAT or
regulatory accounting practices.
- Demonstrated ability to partner and communicate effectively
with internal and external team members.
- Advanced knowledge of financial or accounting data analysis
techniques and statistical methodologies.
- Advanced knowledge of relevant technical accounting and
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Excel and Word. When you apply
for this position, you will be required to answer some initial
questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin
the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time
and you will not be able to change your responses. Preferred
- Fixed asset accounting experience
- Technical accounting experience
- Lease accounting experience under ASC 842
- Public accounting experience
- CPA designation
- Bachelor's or Master's degree The above description reflects
the details considered necessary to describe the principal
functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed
description of all the work requirements that may be performed in
the job. Compensation: USAA has an effective process for assessing
market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your
experience and market position. The salary range for this position
is: $72,900-131,400*( this does not include geographic differential
it may be applied based on your work location) Employees may be
eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and
individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of
Directors. *Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential
is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in
locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for
applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core
hours. Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits
to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These
benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans,
401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption
assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid
volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education assists employees
with their professional goals. Please click on the link below for
more details. USAA Total Rewards Relocation assistance is not
available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Financial Accountant Senior (Hybrid Work Location Available), Accounting, Auditing , Somerset, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!