Bank Credit Risk Analyst Mid Level (Senior) Retail Banking
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Purpose of Job Job Description Summary
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level.
This position is a Hybrid position located in San Antonio TX, Plano
TX, Charlotte NC, Tampa FL, Colorado Springs CO, and Phoenix AZ
within a commutable distance.
Using a level of expertise, develops, proposes and delivers credit
risk strategies for consumer credit portfolios to optimize
profitable growth within risk appetite. Owns operational and
compliance risk inherent in credit strategy. Tracks and monitors
credit strategy performance as well as external factors impacting
the credit risk exposure for bank portfolio products within the
risk taxonomy. Job Requirements Primary Responsibilities:
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Applies expert programming and analytical techniques to analyze
- Applies advanced knowledge of the business, its products, and
processes to identify opportunities for improvement and tailor
credit strategies to the needs of the business.
- Synthesizes analyses, identifies root causes, and develops
clear and concise recommendations to drive credit risk strategies
to influence senior decision makers.
- Recognizes opportunities to improve credit risk strategies and
builds support for recommendations.
- Guides team members in the development and delivery of their
- Independently performs existing and develops new portfolio
reporting to monitor credit strategy and escalates the quality and
direction of credit performance to appropriate levels of
- Assembles key participants and guides and facilitates teams in
the development and implementation of key initiatives.
- Conducts detailed analysis, applying sophisticated analytical
and financial modeling and statistical techniques to predict and
evaluate the credit risk within a loan portfolio according to
operational risk and compliance standards.
- Performs complex, multi-factor credit risk assessments and
recognizes appropriate credit risk strategies to be developed and
- Bachelor s degree in Business Management, Finance, Economics,
Engineering, or in a Mathematical subject area; OR 4 years of
related experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience
required) may be substituted in lieu of degree. A total of 10 years
of proven experience.
- 6 years of experience in consumer credit risk analysis OR if
Master s Degree in Business Management, Finance, Economics,
Engineering, or in a Mathematical subject area, 4 years of
experience consumer credit risk analysis.
- Strong understanding of banking regulations, risk, and/or
- Advanced intuition for business and attention to detail and
- Advanced research, investigation skills and good judgment
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products, particularly
Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Advanced knowledge of data analysis tools including skills to
develop analysis queries and procedures in SQL, SAS, or other
business intelligence and analysis software applications for data
segmentation, aggregation, and statistics (E.g. SPS or Visual
- Knowledge of federal laws, rules, regulations, and applicable
guidance to include: FCRA, Reg B, UDAAP/UDAP, OCC Heightened
Standards, OCC CREDIT RISK GUIDANCE.Preferred Experience:
- Experience with SAS, Tableau, R, Python and/or other
- Experience with variable analysis and risk segmentation
- Experience working with transactional level data for Deposit
products or Credit products
- Experience in developing quantitative risk rules
- Experience in developing risk strategies for Credit Card
Account Management or Account Originations
- Experience at large or complex bank/financial institutions
- Experience with communicating and presenting sophisticated
concepts to executive leadershipCompensation:USAA has an effective
process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure
we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based
on your experience and market position. The salary range for this
position is: $88,200-$158,900 .Employees may be eligible for pay
incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or
at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors. Geographical
Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay
provided to eligible employees working in locations where market
pay levels are above the national average.Shift premium will be
addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are
consistently scheduled for non-core hours.Benefits:At USAA our
employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical,
financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
goals.Please click on the link below for more details. USAA Total
Rewards Relocation assistance IS available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Bank Credit Risk Analyst Mid Level (Senior) Retail Banking, Accounting, Auditing , Somerset, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!