Associate IT SOX Compliance Auditor
Company: Valero Energy Corporation
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Responsible for examining automated systems and information
technology in all areas of the Corporation to determine the extent
of compliance with policies, plans, procedures, and rules of
* Evaluates IT management effectiveness in the attainment of IT
* Assists in the identification of controls over information
systems relevant to Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and maintains the
controls frame work within the SAP GRC-Process Control system.
* Assists in evaluating the results of self-assessments performed
by the control owners within the IS department.
* Assists in the mitigation of segregation of duties conflicts for
* Establishes relationships with personnel in the IS department to
identify and understands process changes or system implementations
that are relevant to Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
* Participates in the annual scoping process to identify controls
that are required for the annual Sarbanes-Oxley internal control
* Participates as part of the team responsible for documenting
relevant application and general computer controls for new
applications or new businesses acquired.
* Assists in the testing of Sarbanes-Oxley IT controls for the
Corporation and subsidiaries.
* Assists in the development and improvement of procedures and
techniques related to internal controls over systems and technology
to enhance the information systems control environment.
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not
eligible for overtime pay.
* Bachelor's degree or higher in Information Systems, Computer
Science, Accounting, or related field required.
* Minimum one (1) year of IT auditing or control-related experience
* Experience working with Sarbanes-Oxley IT controls, COBIT and/or
* Experience in the refining and marketing business preferred.
* Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified
Information Systems Security Profession (CISSP), Certified Internal
Auditor (CIA), or other applicable certification(s) preferred.
* Knowledge of general IT controls preferred.
* High degree of initiative and creativity preferred.
* Proficiency with electronic spreadsheets, database management
systems, and data query software required preferred.
* Ability to prepare reports preferred.
* Strong oral and written communication skills essential to
interact with internal and external contacts preferred.
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a
reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels
manufacturing and marketing industry. It's not just the excellent
benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it's
also the caring and committed culture of the organization that
makes everyone feel like they're truly part of a team. For more
information, visit Valero.com.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are
encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment
without regard to legally protected status including sexual
orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with
Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Keywords: Valero Energy Corporation, San Antonio , Associate IT SOX Compliance Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!