Veterans Preferred - Hotel Area Staff Accountant
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. -At Hyatt, we believe
our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive
associates who are focused on providing efficient service and
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for the oversight of
accounting processes at the hotel. Responsibilities include
reviewing the dally income journal postings, preparing entries for
monthly bank transactions including wire transfers, reconciling the
A/R trial balance to the General Ledger, conducting aged trial
balance reviews, communicating with customers regarding collection
issues and assisting with various special projects as assigned.
This person will report to the Director of Finance but will work
closely with all members of the finance team and will be required
to maintain close working relationships across all departments
within the greater organization.
Hyatt is a place where high expectations aren't just met-they're
exceeded. It's a place of outstanding rewards, where talent opens
doors to exciting challenges in the hospitality industry. It's a
place where career opportunities are as unlimited as your
imagination. Discover your place to shine in our warm, respectful,
and inclusive culture.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of
equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Assist in the management of day-to-day operations and
assignments of accounting staff, plan and organize work,
communicate goals, and schedule/assign work.
- Advise staff of formal policies and procedures, identifying
options and resolving issues. Alert management of potentially
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily
communication and coordination with other departments.
- Assist in managing revenues received and dispersed including
accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll, audit, General
Ledger reporting, and cash handling functions for the hotel.
Implement and maintain acceptable accounting practices and
procedures as required by company policy and procedures, generally
accepted accounting practices, and as effected by local
- Prepare financial analyses of hotel operations including
variance explanation and make recommendations to ensure the
achievement of business goals.
- Preparation of all balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and financial forecasts
- Develop and implement financial control procedures and systems;
maintain documents for audits of hotel accounts; ensure compliance
with government regulations, federal, state and local laws, to
include EEOC, Wage and Hour, union contracts, etc. Independently
comply with record retention requirements.
- Respond quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follow
up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Work with other management personnel to establish and implement
hotel service standards to achieve maximum profitability and
- Assists with the distribution of forecast information as an up
to date management tool for operating departments
- Assists with the review of operating equipment stores to avoid
unnecessary/excessive purchases and to eliminate (or at least be
aware) of obsolete slow moving items
- Interact with outside contacts:
- Guests - to provide service, send bills and collect
- Vendors - to pay bills or discuss pricing or billing issues; to
ensure proof of insurance
- Hotel legal counsel - to obtain legal advice as needed
- Insurance companies, tax consultants, auditors, commercial and
government banks - to collaborate on ongoing financial issues for
- Regulatory agencies - regarding compliance matters
- Other contacts as needed (Professional organizations, community
Secondary Job Functions:
- May process payroll or verify payroll dollars and reports in a
- May authorize purchase requests as needed.
- May assist with other duties as assigned including assisting
staff with their job functions.
Keywords: Hyatt, San Antonio , Veterans Preferred - Hotel Area Staff Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...