Investment Accountant Lead
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Why USAA?Lets do something that really matters.
At USAA, we have an important mission: facilitating the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
Not all of our employees served in our nations military, but we all
share in the mission to give back to those who did. Were working as
one to build a great experience and make a real impact for our
We believe in our core values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and
service. Theyre what guides everything we do from how we treat our
members to how we treat each other. Come be a part of what makes us
so special!The OpportunityAs a dedicated Investment Accountant
Lead, you will work with individuals across the Enterprise to
support the accounting for the USAAs investment portfolio. The
candidate selected will work on the Investment Accounting team in
the Chief Accounting Office supporting both accounting and
reporting functions. This candidate will have the opportunity to
work with various software applications from PAM for Investments,
Bloomberg, Oracle and Wings Plus to name a few. This individual
will be responsible for the accounting and reporting for various
companies investment portfolios and will work closely with internal
and external customers.We offer a flexible work environment that
requires an individual to be in the office 4 days per week. This
position can be based in one of the following locations: San
Antonio, TX or Charlotte, NC.Relocation assistance is not available
for this position.What you'll do:
- Leads adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
(GAAP) and Statutory Accounting Principles (STAT) accounting and
reporting research activities and provides appropriate technical
accounting interpretation on the application of GAAP and STAT to
finance and accounting employees and senior management.
- Creates, maintains and ensures implementation of appropriate
accounting policies and best practices.
- Evaluates and analyzes proposed transactions for accounting
implications and potential impact of proposed accounting standards,
and prepares documentation supporting USAA's accounting positions
taken on significant or complex transactions.
- Assesses the impact of new accounting standards to USAA and
leads implementation across affected functional areas.
- Assists with drafting comment letters to the FASB or NAIC on
proposed accounting standards and represents USAA on several
influential external accounting committees.
- Accountable for USAA's position with regards to E&Y's
technical accounting and reporting inquiries.
- Identifies and documents accounting and business requirements
impacting USAA systems and processes (including up and
- Supports various company or line of business specific
initiatives as it relates to assessing accounting, reporting and
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled in
accordance with risk and compliance policies and procedures.What
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field; OR
a Bachelor's degree in another field coupled with a Certified
Public Accountant (CPA) designation; OR 4 years of related
experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience
required) may be substituted in lieu of degree when coupled with a
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation.
- 8 years of accounting or related work experience performing
accounting functions including preparing and reviewing journal
entries, account reconciliations and preparing financial results
for internal and external purposes or other similar experience
- Subject matter expert knowledge and application of accounting
and/or financial services industry data sources
- Expert knowledge and application of GAAP and STAT or regulatory
- Demonstrated ability to partner and communicate effectively
with internal and external team members.
- Expert on financial or accounting data analysis techniques and
- Expert on relevant technical accounting and reporting
- Experience identifying and documenting accounting/financial
- Experience leading direct or cross-matrixed team members.What
sets you apart:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Accounting
- CPA Designation
- 4+ Years Experience using investment accounting systems such as
PAM for Investments, CAMRA, Clearwater Analytics, etc.
- 4+ Years Experience using Bloomberg Terminal to research
investment transactions and security attributes
- Experience accounting for private equity and limited
partnership interestsThe above description reflects the details
considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job
and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the
work requirements that may be performed in the job.What we
offer:Compensation: USAA has an effective process for assessing
market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your
experience and market data of the position. The actual salary for
this role may vary by location. The salary range for this position
is: $104,660 - $170,338.Employees may be eligible for pay
incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance
and at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.Benefits: At
USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their
physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
goals.For more details on our outstanding benefits, please visit
our benefits page on USAAjobs.com.USAA is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Investment Accountant Lead, Accounting, Auditing , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!