Director, Asset Liability Management
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Why USAA? Let's do something that really matters.
At USAA, we have an important mission: facilitating the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
Not all of our employees served in our nation's military, but we
all share in the mission to give back to those who did. We're
working as one to build a great experience and make a real impact
for our members.
We believe in our core values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and
service. They're what guides everything we do - from how we treat
our members to how we treat each other. Come be a part of what
makes us so special! The Opportunity As a dedicated Director, Asset
Liability Management, you will be responsible for the modeling,
analysis, reporting, monitoring and management of USAA's interest
rate risk (IRR) position. Serves as a key subject matter expert for
interest rate risk management within the USAA Bank or across the
enterprise. This position will work in close partnership with the
other Asset/Liability Management (ALM) teams within the enterprise
and USAA Bank lines of businesses to develop assumptions and
methodologies in support of managing interest rate risk,
optionality, correlations and return on capital.We offer a flexible
work environment that requires an individual to be in the office 4
days per week. This position can be based in one of the following
locations: San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX or Charlotte, NC. Relocation
assistance is not available for this position.What you'll do:
- Leads and owns the ongoing development and maintenance of a
comprehensive modeling framework to measure, analyze and monitor
USAA's interest rate risk.
- Responsible for the modeling, analysis, reporting, monitoring
and management of USAA's consolidated interest rate risk position
working in close partnership with the lines of business.
- Provides strategic and tactical recommendations to leadership
related to interest rate risk management.
- Serves as a leader and subject matter expert on interest rate
risk management for ALM Working Group, ALM Committee, Risk Council,
Corporate Treasury and lines of business.
- Oversees compliance/regulatory matters Identifies and
recommends appropriate risk mitigation efforts to senior
- Responsible for developing process & procedure documentation
for the functional area to meet regulatory & compliance
requirements and ensuring appropriate controls are created to
- Builds and oversees a team of employees for assigned functional
area through ongoing execution of recruiting, development,
retention, coaching and support, performance management, and
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled in
accordance with risk and compliance policies and procedures.What
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Mathematics, Actuarial Science,
Economics, Computer Science, or a related field is required; OR 4
years of related experience (in addition to the minimum years of
experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 8 or more years of experience related to asset/liability
management, interest rate risk management or related discipline in
the financial services industry; OR Advanced Degree in Finance,
Business, Statistics, Economics or other related discipline and 6
or more years of experience related to asset/liability management,
interest rate risk management or related discipline in the
financial services industry.
- 3 or more years of direct team lead or management experience
- Subject matter expert financial/technical skills in treasury
and asset liability management expertise and data analytics.
- Proven proficiency across a spectrum of financial products such
as annuities, universal life, invested assets, auto loans, credit
cards, home equity loans, mortgage loans, deposits.
- Subject matter expert experience managing and reporting on
interest rate risk at large financial institution(s) regulated by
the Federal Reserve and/or OCC.
- Subject matter expert knowledge of Microsoft Office tools,
asset/liability management software (QRM, SunGuard) and applicable
- Excellent presentation skills and experience presenting to
senior management and Board level committees.
- Demonstrated leadership and change management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively across lines of
business and staff areas.
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements that may
include OCC, FDIC, NAIC, Basel III, ORSA and the Federal Reserve's
regulations.What sets you apart:
- 5 Years experience with asset/liability management software
(QRM, Bancware) and applicable systems.
- 5 Years experience managing and reporting on interest rate risk
at large financial institution(s) regulated by the Federal Reserve
- Experience managing and reporting on capital stress testing at
a large financial institution(s).The above description reflects the
details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of
the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of
all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.What we
offer:Compensation: USAA has an effective process for assessing
market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your
experience and market data of the position. The actual salary for
this role may vary by location. The salary range for this position
is: $152,290 - $291,040.Employees may be eligible for pay
incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance
and at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.Benefits: At
USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their
physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
goals.For more details on our outstanding benefits, please visit
our benefits page on USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Director, Asset Liability Management, Accounting, Auditing , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!