Senior Investment Accountant
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Why USAA? Let's do something that really matters.
At USAA, we have an important mission: facilitating the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
Not all of our employees served in our nation's military, but we
all share in the mission to give back to those who did. We're
working as one to build a great experience and make a real impact
for our members.
We believe in our core values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and
service. They're what guides everything we do - from how we treat
our members to how we treat each other. Come be a part of what
makes us so special! The Opportunity As a dedicated Senior
Investment Accountant, you will work with individuals across the
Enterprise to support the accounting for the USAA's investment
portfolio. The candidate selected will work on the Investment
Accounting team in the Chief Accounting Office supporting both
accounting and reporting functions. This candidate will have the
opportunity to work with various software applications from PAM for
Investments, Bloomberg, Oracle and Wings Plus to name a few. This
individual will be responsible for the accounting and reporting for
various companies investment portfolios and will work closely with
internal and external customers.We offer a flexible work
environment that requires an individual to be in the office 4 days
per week. This position can be based in one of the following
locations: San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX or Charlotte, NC.Relocation
assistance is not available for this position. What you'll do:
- Applies advanced knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting
Principles (GAAP) and Statutory Accounting Principles (STAT) and
regulatory accounting treatment to complex accounting transactions
and shares understanding of key implications.
- May assist team members in developing knowledge of various
- Makes recommendations, prepares and communicates processes and
procedures, financial results and analysis to internal and external
- Assists in resolving accounting issues and makes
recommendations to leadership.
- Performs in a financial accounting advisory capacity to
operational business leaders on matters pertaining to business
initiatives or strategies. Collaborates and maintains strong
relationships with business partners.
- Leads special projects related to financial accounting and
coordinates with key stakeholders to ensure timely and accurate
- Resolves issues and provides informed, proactive reporting and
analysis to enable effective decision making.
- Develops and maintains processes, procedures and tools
impacting financial accounting that may impact the finance
- Facilitates and reviews internal controls to ensure an
effective and efficient financial system.
- Reviews the work of team members and provides guidance and
coaching when issues arise.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled in
accordance with risk and compliance policies and procedures.What
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field; OR
a Bachelor's degree in another field coupled with a Certified
Public Accountant (CPA) designation; OR 4 years of related
experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience
required) may be substituted in lieu of degree when coupled with a
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation.
- 6 years of relevant work experience performing accounting
functions including preparing and reviewing journal entries,
account reconciliations and preparing financial results for
internal and external purposes or other similar experience.
- Advanced knowledge and application of GAAP and STAT or
regulatory accounting practices.
- Demonstrated ability to partner and communicate effectively
with internal and external team members.
- Advanced knowledge of financial or accounting data analysis
techniques and statistical methodologies.
- Advanced knowledge of relevant technical accounting and
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Excel and Word.What sets you
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Accounting
- CPA Designation
- 3+ Years Experience using investment accounting systems such as
PAM for Investments, CAMRA, Clearwater Analytics, etc.
- 3+ Years Experience using Bloomberg Terminal to research
investment transactions and security attributes
- Experience accounting for private equity and limited
partnership interestsThe above description reflects the details
considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job
and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the
work requirements that may be performed in the job.What we
offer:Compensation: USAA has an effective process for assessing
market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your
experience and market data of the position. The actual salary for
this role may vary by location. The salary range for this position
is: $78,670 - $150,330.Employees may be eligible for pay incentives
based on overall corporate and individual performance and at the
discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.Benefits: At USAA our
employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical,
financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
goals.For more details on our outstanding benefits, please visit
our benefits page on USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Senior Investment Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!