Accountant II - Accounting Services
Company: The University of Texas at San Antonio
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: February 10, 2024
Accountant II - Accounting Services
Location: San Antonio, TX
Job ID: 11357
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Org Marketing Statement
The University of Texas at San Antonio, a Hispanic Serving
Institution situated in a global city that has been a crossroads of
peoples and cultures for centuries, values diversity and inclusion
in all aspects of university life. As an institution expressly
founded to advance the education of Mexican Americans and other
underserved communities, our university is committed to promoting
access for all. UTSA, a premier public research university, fosters
academic excellence through a community of dialogue, discovery and
innovation that embraces the uniqueness of each voice.
With more than 34,000 students, UTSA is the largest university in
the San Antonio metropolitan region. UTSA advances knowledge
through research and discovery, teaching and learning, community
engagement and public service. The university serves as a center
for intellectual and creative resources as well as a catalyst for
socioeconomic development and the commercialization of intellectual
property-for Texas, the nation and the world. Learn more , on or on
, , , or .
Posting End Date: Applications will be accepted through 11:59 PM
CDT on 02/09/2024. At the discretion of the hiring department, this
position posting may close once a sufficient number of qualified
applications have been received.
Salary: Up to $51,758 annualized, commensurate with education,
experience and qualifications.
Hours: 40 hours per week, exempt.
Required Application Materials:
- Resume is required.
- Cover Letter is preferred.
Perform routine accounting assignments for the University. Mange
the endowment portfolio and submission to University of Texas
Investment Management Company (UTIMCO).
- Responsible for the endowment process of reviewing, managing,
submitting to UTIMCO funds as needed and then recording the
disbursements on a quarterly basis.
- Responsible for the application of accounting knowledge. Review
university departmental work. Perform complex reconciliations.
- Prepare, examine, audit, and analyze accounting records,
financial statements, and other financial reports to assess
accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural
standards. Prepare month/year-end closing entries and various other
- Communicates with departmental personnel and assists with
departmental questions as needed.
- Prepares timely, accurate, and complex reconciliations on a
- Assists with the preparation of work papers supporting the
monthly/annual financial reports.
- Review work of other University departments.
- Assist in the development of new accounting procedures and
- Demonstrates UTSA core values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution in accounting.
(Eight (8) years of formal accounting experience in higher
education can be substituted for a bachelor's degree).
- Two (2) years of experience in governmental or commercial
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Commitment to excellence and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient with financial accounting systems and software such
as PeopleSoft or ERP system.
- UTSA is a tobacco free campus.
- This is a security sensitive position. Employment is contingent
upon a successful background check.
- Applicants selected must be able to show proof of eligibility
to work in the United States by time of hire.
- Office Environment.
- Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required.
This position primarily works remotely in Texas but may work on
campus on an infrequent basis (approximately four days or less per
month). When an employee is required to work on campus, travel and
parking expenses are the employee's responsibility. Applicants must
be adaptable and open to working in both environments.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer,
it is the policy of The University of Texas at San Antonio to
promote and ensure equal employment opportunity for all individuals
regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic
information, and veteran status. The University is committed to the
Affirmative Action Program in compliance with all government
requirements to ensure nondiscrimination. Women, minorities, people
with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. UTSA
campuses are accessible to persons with disabilities.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to
Keywords: The University of Texas at San Antonio, San Antonio , Accountant II - Accounting Services, Accounting, Auditing , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!