Risk Analyst Senior
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: June 15, 2019
Purpose of Job Provides risk management support for a line of
business or staff agency in key risk identification, measurement
and aggregation, and the understanding and management of risk
through appropriate practices and processes. Assesses and mitigates
enterprise and business exposures through the identification of key
and emerging risks and evaluates alignment with risk strategy and
appetite. Monitors the risk and control environment to ensure that
exposures are kept at acceptable levels and may consult on risk
mitigation plans. Job Requirements
- Partners with key stakeholders in the business to identify,
assess, aggregate and document risks and controls, including risks
associated with new or modified products, services, distribution
channels, regulations and third party operations using advanced
- Presents findings to various levels of leadership.
- Communicates results of risk assessments to governance
committees, business process owners and various levels of
- Implements new risk policies, practices, appetites and
solutions to ensure holistic understanding and management of risks
according to industry best practice.
- Enhances and contributes to strategies, tools, and
methodologies to measure, monitor, and report risks.
- Applies advanced knowledge to utilize or produce analytical
material for discussions with cross functional teams to understand
business objectives and influence solution strategies.
- Serves as a key contributor in cross-functional teams to
identify, assess, aggregate and mitigate current and emerging risk
- Effectively contributes to projects that impact the
- Serves as a key contributor on projects that may impact the
enterprise or a core operating area.
- Formulates stress test plans for a line of business or the
enterprise including the evaluation of results, and framing of
contingency plans in partnership with key business stakeholders .
- Bachelor's degree in Risk Management, Business, Finance, or a
related field required.
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum
required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6 or more years risk management or operations experience in a
relevant functional area to include banking, insurance, financial
services, audit, project management, public accounting or other
related operational are Or advanced degree/designation in
Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, or other
quantitative discipline relevant to risk management and 2 or more
years work experience in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk
management Or PhD in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk
management. *Qualifications may warrant placement in a different
job level*When you apply for this position, you will be required to
answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5
minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to
finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your
- Analytical skills to be able to perform risk analysis on risk
- Experience in enterprise risk management function aggregating
and reporting risk
- Background performing or provided independent review of risk
- Prior background working in a highly regulated environment,
particularly in a risk, audit or finance function
- Strong Communication Skills and ability to simplify complex
topics to Executive level audience
- Ability to work in a high-paced environmentThe above
description reflects the details considered necessary to describe
the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a
detailed description of all the work requirements that may be
performed in the job.At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best
benefits package in the business, including a flexible business
casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental
and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs.
Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education
will assist you with your professional goals. USAA also offers a
variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage
your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two
company stores and three fitness centers .Relocation assistance is
not available for this position.For Internal Candidates:Must
complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date
of placement), or must have manager's approval prior to
posting.Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is
03/20/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Risk Analyst Senior, Accounting, Auditing , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!