GENERAL CLERK 3 - CLERICAL
Company: Southwest Research Institute
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Who We Are:
Department of Space Instruments & Payloads, which consists of
engineers and scientists that design, build and test space
instruments and electronics.
Objectives of this Role:
- Support the lead administrative support staff in the department
and acquire skills to be a back-up.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to managers and
engineers and occasionally support other staff in the department as
- Will be generating over 15 various requisition forms for the
- Must be reliable, flexible, and able to take initiative and
follow through on assignments with limited supervision.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- As the building receptionist, you will handle incoming/outgoing
email correspondence, coordinate incoming/outgoing shipments
with/without runners, answer phones, greet visitors, manage
department calendars, and keep office and conference rooms clean,
safe and organized.
- Keep office supply inventory stocked this includes the copy
room and breakroom.
- Maintain databases for project status and processing new
employees for on-boarding.
- Prepare meeting/conference rooms and coordinate meetings as a
host: order catering, set-up and clean-up.
- Coordinate and schedule WebEx meetings.
- Take notes at meetings and prepare minutes for department
- Coordinate/reserve domestic and foreign travel; create expense
reports upon traveler's return.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent
- 5 years: Clerical work experience
- Proficient in MS Office; Intermediate level
- Proficient in Adobe; Intermediate level
- Must be able to review, format and submit proposals and various
types of reports and spreadsheets; this requires meticulous
attention to detail and formatting skills
- Must be detail oriented, possess strong organizational skills,
adequate professional skills, have the ability to multi-task and
take own initiative to complete necessary tasks
- Be proficient in MS Office and Adobe
- Willingness to continue to learn and improve their
technological skills such as Excel and InDesign
- Must have strong communication skills and interpersonal
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and time management
- A valid/clear driver's license is required
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security
investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to
classified information. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas
For benefits information at our San Antonio location, click .
For benefits information at all other locations, click .
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National
Committed to Diversity in the Workplace
If you need assistance with completing the application, please
Keywords: Southwest Research Institute, San Antonio , GENERAL CLERK 3 - CLERICAL, Administration, Clerical , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...