Decision Science Analyst Lead - Marketing
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Decision
Science Analyst Lead - Marketing for the San Antonio Home Office
Lead the development of a strategic measurement & reporting
framework for new USAA experiences. Enable self-service analytics
by partnering with IT to develop intuitive, seamless analytic
solutions. Provide strategic insights to our Marketing partners in
order to drive improvement of the marketing investment.
Provide decision support for business areas across the enterprise.
Staff in this area will be responsible for applying mathematical
and statistical techniques and/or innovative /quantitative
analytical approaches to draw conclusions and make 'insight to
action' recommendations to answer business objectives and drive
change. The essence of work performed by the Decision Science
Analyst involves gathering, manipulating and synthesizing data
(e.g., attributes, transactions, behaviors, etc.), models and other
relevant information to draw conclusions and make recommendations
resulting in implementable strategies. Serves as a coach and
mentor; and provides guidance to cross-functional team members to
ensure success in achieving business objectives.Job
- Leverages expert business/analytical knowledge to lead
discussions with cross functional teams to understand and
collaborate highly complex business objectives and influence
- The business problems analyzed are typically large scale with
significant impact to current and/or future business
- Organizes and oversees the development of
requirements/resources necessary to meet objectives.
- Applies innovative and scientific/quantitative analytical
approaches to draw conclusions and make 'insight to action'
recommendations to answer the business objective and drive the
- Translates recommendation into communication materials to
effectively present to all levels of management.
- Incorporates visualization techniques to support the relevant
points of the analysis and ease the understanding for less
- Identifies and gathers the relevant and quality data sources
required to fully answer and address the problem for the
recommended strategy through testing or exploratory data analysis
- Integrates/transforms disparate data sources and determines the
appropriate data hygiene techniques to apply.
- Thoroughly documents assumptions, methodology, validation and
testing to facilitate peer reviews.
- Subsequent analysts should be able to rely on documentation to
replicate and continue work.
- Monitors, understands and adopts emerging technology that can
affect the application of scientific methodologies and/or
quantitative analytical approaches to problem resolutions.
- Succinctly delivers complex analysis/findings in a manner that
conveys understanding, influences senior executives, garners
support for recommendations, drives business decisions, and
influences business strategy.
- Recommendations typically have a major impact on business
- Provides subject matter expertise in operationalizing
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics,
Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences or other quantitative
OR 4 years' work experience in statistics, mathematics or
quantitative analytics or related experience can be substituted in
lieu of a degree in addition to the minimum years of work
ORA Master's Degree in quantitative analytics or a related fieldORA
PhD in quantitative analytics or a related field
- If Bachelor's degree, 8 or more years' experience in a decision
support analytic function.
If Master's Degree, 6 or more years' experience in a decision
support analytic function.
If PhD, 5 or more years' experience in a decision support analytic
- 3 or more years of direct and/or indirect management experience
- Demonstrates expert skills in mathematical and statistical
techniques and approaches used to drive fact-based
- Successful completion of a job-related assessment may be
- 2 or more years' experience working with data visualization
tools such as Tableau
- 2 or more years' experience working with digital analytic tools
such as Adobe Analytics & Google Analytics
- 2 or more years' experience with MSR and Voice line data
- Strong ability to translate complex analytics into simple,
actionable insights for business partners
- Self-motivated individual with proven history of delivering
strategic, innovative solutionsThe above description reflects the
details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of
the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of
all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.At USAA
our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the
business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress
environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along
with wellness and wealth building programs. - Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education will assist you with
your professional goals.USAA also offers a variety of on-site
services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal
life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three
fitness centers.Relocation assistance is notavailable for this
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Decision Science Analyst Lead - Marketing, Advertising , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!