Technical Writer - Top Secret Clearance
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: January 27, 2023
OverviewAegis Aerospace is currently seeking to fill the role of
Technical Writer II (Top Secret) with our team in San Antonio,
Texas at Lackland AFB. (must hold active security clearance for
consideration) This position will support the sustainment of the
Base and Installation Security System (BISS and the Tactical
Automated Security System (TASS). BISS and TASS are intrusion
detection and surveillance systems used for security monitoring at
both fixed-site airbases, semi-permanent Forward Operating Bases
(FOBs) and mobile tactical deployments. -The ideal candidate will:
-Apply writing skills and substantial knowledge of the basic
principles and specialized vocabulary of appropriate subjectmatter
fields to enable accurate communication of scientific and
technological developments to expert and other interested
audiences.Technical writer may also apply writing skills and an
understanding of the appropriate equipment and systems to the
development of specifications showing the characteristics and
capabilities or the design and test requirements of equipment and
systems, or to the development of training, operating, or
maintenance manuals associated with equipment and systems.
-Technical writers, in addition to reporting research findings and
agency decisions, articulate agency policies and explain technical
aspects of agency programs to those affected. -Did you know?Aegis
Aerospace has more than 30 years of experience in creating
innovative and practical solutions to fulfill defense and space
needs. -We are looking for candidates who are ready to
revolutionize the space and defense industry and pioneer new
technological advancements to safeguard our country. -Are you ready
to Innovate, Explore, and Protect?ResponsibilitiesTypical work
- Obtaining, analyzing, and selecting the pertinent
- Determining the most logical and effective sequence of the
- Determining the overall length and tone based on the
objectives, the medium, and the audience.
- Writing the material.
- Consulting on or selecting illustrative material.
- Preparing the material for publication.
- Write technical direction on product announcements, marketing
brochures, advertisements, and marketing specifications.
- Meet with customer representatives, vendors, system engineers,
and program managers to establish technical specifications.
- Study drawings, specifications, mockups, and product
- Create user documentation for a variety of material, including
how-to guides and instruction manuals.
- Prepare charts, graphs, or forms to go along with rough
drafts.\Ensure document contents follow required formats.
- Write clear and concise policies and procedures.
- Ensure consistency of wording among multiple documents.
- Create table of contents and cite sources.
- Submit copies to managers for feedback.
- Maintain electronic library or all signed documents and final
- Provide updates and different editions as
necessary.QualificationsRecommended Experience and Skills:
- Technical writing experience within the Department of Defense
relative to the C3I&N systems environment.
- Excellent writing skills and strong command of the English
language, including grammar.
- Ability to work well with other organizations and personnel
with disparate backgrounds.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Strong technical, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Experience in MS Office software, including MS Excel, MS Word
and MS PowerPoint required; experience in MS Project and MS Access
-Minimum Recommended Education/Experience Requirements: -
- Top Secret clearance is required
- US Citizenship is required
- A/BS degree and 10 years of experience in the respective
technical/professional discipline being performed, of which 3 year
must be in the DoD, or 15 years of directly related experience with
proper certifications as described in the Functionally Aligned Job
Descriptions, of which 5 year must be in the DoD.About Aegis
AerospaceWe are a woman-owned -space and technology company
headquartered in Houston, TX. - Our primary objective is to support
the Department of Defense and NASA in achieving their missions to
defend the security of our country, reach new heights and to
discover the unknown. We employ some of the brightest, most
experienced engineering and technology experts in the U.S. -To
learn more about Aegis Aerospace, visit our website at
Keywords: UNAVAILABLE, San Antonio , Technical Writer - Top Secret Clearance, Advertising , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!