Lead Internal Controls Financial Reporting Advisor
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: September 15, 2018
Purpose of Job The ICFR (Internal Controls Financial Reporting) Lead drives cross-functional teams in planning and executing multiple, complex situation in order to achieve an enterprise-wide ICFR framework including control identification, evaluation of design, test of control, related issues, root-cause and remediation across USAA Insurance, Banking, Investing and Real Estate lines of businesses and functional areas. This individual utilizes expert knowledge in ICFR to plan and coordinate highly complex activities and is a key ICFR resource for both their team and enterprise partners. We are currently seeking a talented Lead Internal Controls Financial Reporting Advisor for our San Antonio, TX location.Job Requirements
- Drives cross-functional teams in planning and executing multiple, complex situation in order to achieve an enterprise-wide ICFR framework including control identification, evaluation of design, test of control, related issues, root-cause and remediation across USAA Insurance, Banking, Investing and Real Estate lines of businesses and functional areas.
- Utilizes expert functional knowledge to plan, direct and coordinate highly complex activities that lead to risk assessment, control selection, testing, evaluation of results and annual attestation processes.
- Key resource for enterprise partners, providing holistic and proactive perspectives and recommendations by removing obstacles and impediments to ensure objectives are met.
- Applies expert functional knowledge to drive adoption of ICFR business processes, applications, products, services and related financial statements through routine interactions with senior management, becoming their trusted advisor on ICFR issues and making recommendations to solve current and long-term matters.
- Formally mentors team members on escalated issues.
- Applies advanced knowledge to leading the teachings about ICFR, ensuring knowledge transfer to less experienced team members; reviews the work of other, less experienced team members to ensure achievement of strategic business goals and operational objectives. Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Risk Management or a related field; Or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 or more years experience in Internal Control Financial Reporting (ICFR), financial accounting and controls and/or auditing work experience.
- 6 or more years of progressive related experience developing, influencing and delivering results in a complex ICFR matrix environment Preferred
- CPA designation
- MBA or advanced degree
- Knowledge of banking, insurance or investment laws and regulations, as applicable The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job. At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals. USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers. Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio, Lead Internal Controls Financial Reporting Advisor, Advertising, San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!