Company: Lifetouch Preschool Portraits
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: July 15, 2019
Summary: The Photography Supervisor plays an important role in
managing and leading a team of Photographers to ensure efficient
and successful Picture Day operation and execution. This role
includes staff readiness activities such as recruiting, training,
coaching and managing performance to drive picture quality and
productivity to meet or exceed business goals as well as maximize
account retention. Photography Supervisors are expected to
represent the district and Lifetouch in a professional and positive
manner while demonstrating concern for the safety of our customers
(infants, children and adults) and our employees by ensuring
established safety procedures and practices are followed. Primary
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages photography activities performed by Photographers to
meet or exceed company and host expectations while ensuring
professional and timely service.
- Evaluates Photographer performance (e.g., productivity,
photography quality) by observing, analyzing evaluations, reviewing
photography (in Photo Share) to build skills, ensuring quality and
consistency, as well as driving business results.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains Photographers, in
accordance with company guidelines and processes, to build and
maintain a high performing team.
- Ensures Photographers have accurate operational information
(e.g., procedures, equipment, software programs, photography
programs, set-up/tear-down) by conducting calls, meetings and
- Delivers standardized training (e.g., new hire, on-going) and
provides regular coaching (e.g., field visits) throughout the
season, to new and current Photographers, using materials and
resources provided by the company, to ensure skill development and
- Partners with Photography and Office teams to foster
relationships and maximize account retention (as measured and
reported in the account management system).
- Performs administrative functions (e.g., ensuring compliance,
ordering supplies, approving time records) accurately by
established deadlines and ensures Photographers meet all
- Communicates and ensures compliance with all company policies
and procedures, as well as addresses non-compliance in a timely and
- Manages and leads a team (2 or more full-time equivalents),
including providing day-to-day work direction, sharing performance
feedback, giving recognition and communicating effectively.
- Monitors and evaluates individual and team performance.
- Employs techniques to build teamwork in support of business
needs to drive results.
- Safe-guards all customer, employee and company proprietary and
personal information ensuring customer and employee data is kept
confidential at all times. Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts in person center engagement visits to understand
issues, address and resolve concerns (or escalate to the Account
Specialist) to increase account retention.
- Takes initiative to solve, and ensures resolution of, all host
experience or product issues, in a customer-focused manner by
leveraging established Service Recovery processes and escalates
issues, as needed.
- Takes photos efficiently, within company standards (including
Posing Guidelines and Photography Policies), that meet the
customer's needs and the company's quality and variety expectations
to maximize sales and account retention.
- Prepares for and consistently executes Picture Days well, in
alignment with company expectations and standards as well as in
partnership with center staff, rules and policies.
- Assists in the development of photographer schedules.
- Maintains and oversees photographic equipment, backgrounds and
props as well as tracking and inventory of the equipment.
- Performs other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or
- High school diploma or equivalent. Post-secondary education
- 3 - 5 years photography-related work.
- 1 - 2 years managing and leading direct reports, preferred.
Other (knowledge, skills, and abilities):
- Knowledge of current Preschool programs, strongly preferred.
- Strong computer skills (e.g., navigation, data entry),
including Microsoft Excel.
- Working and demonstrated knowledge of effective training
practices and approaches.
- Strong communication skills (including presentation
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Detail oriented in the execution and follow-up of work.
- Ability to manage, prioritize as well as balance and execute
against multiple projects/priorities simultaneously, working
- Ability to effectively manage and lead change.
- Takes initiative.
- Possess a valid U.S. driver's license and full use of
dependable, insured automobile to reach assigned locations.
- Must be able to travel regularly within assigned market,
including overnight stays to meet business needs. Apply today!
Lifetouch, a Shutterfly Inc. Company is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Employment with Lifetouch is contingent upon satisfactory
results of a criminal background and driving record check.
Keywords: Lifetouch Preschool Portraits, San Antonio , Photography Supervisor, Advertising , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!