Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach
Company: The University of Texas at San Antonio
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach
Location: San Antonio, TX
Job ID: 11098
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Org Marketing Statement
The University of Texas at San Antonio is a Hispanic Serving
University specializing in cyber, health, fundamental futures, and
social-economic development. With more than 34,000 students, it is
the largest university in the San Antonio metropolitan region. UTSA
advances knowledge through research and discovery, teaching and
learning, community engagement and public service. The university
embraces multicultural traditions and serves as a center for
intellectual and creative resources as well as a catalyst for
socioeconomic development and the commercialization of intellectual
property-for Texas, the nation and the world. Learn more online, on
USTA Today or on TwitterInstagram, Facebook, YouTube or
UTSA, situated in a global city that has been a crossroads of
peoples and cultures for centuries, values diversity and inclusion
in all aspects of university life. As an institution expressly
founded to advance the education of Mexican Americans and other
underserved communities, our university is committed to ending
generations of discrimination and inequity. UTSA, a premier public
research university, fosters academic excellence through a
community of dialogue, discovery and innovation that embraces the
uniqueness of each voice.Posting End Date: Applications will be
accepted through 11:59 PM CDT on 11/21/2023. At the discretion of
the hiring department, this position posting may close once a
sufficient number of qualified applications have been
received.Salary Range: Commensurate with education, experience and
qualifications.Hours: up to 40 hours per week, exempt.Required
- Resume is required.
- Cover Letter is preferred. Essential Functions
SummaryFunction: Assist coaches in all aspects of annual strength
program.Provide professional knowledge, technical expertise and
supervisory skills to oversee all aspects of the strength and
conditioning programs designated by immediate supervisor. Scope:
Responsible for the design, implementation and supervision of
yearlong strength and conditioning programs designated by immediate
- Assist in all aspects of assigned athletic programs.
- Design, implement and supervise the yearlong strength and
conditioning programs designated by immediate supervisor.
- Aid in supervision to athletic weight room.
- Aid in supervision of Graduate Assistants, Interns and Work
- Aid in cleanliness and upkeep of athletic weight room and
- Travel with designated sport team or teams when in-season.
- Communicate with sports medicine staff daily.
- Communicate with sport coach or coaches daily.
- Attend professional development opportunities as approved by
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution in a related
field of study.
- USAW certification substitutes for one year of experience.
- Two years of experience working at a college/university or with
elite level athletes.
- Knowledge of personal computers, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- CPR and Basic First Aid certification.
- CSCS or SCCC Certification. Preferred Qualifications
- Division 1 collegiate and/or professional athletics playing
experience. Additional Information
- UTSA is a tobacco free campus.
- This is a security sensitive position. Employment is contingent
upon a successful background check.
- Applicants selected must be able to show proof of eligibility
to work in the United States by time of hire.
- Valid driver's license and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR). Working
- Ten-to-fourteen-hour days on the floor coaching, on the field
coaching and in office.
- Weekend, holiday and summer hours as required. This position
will be primarily located on campus. Travel and parking expenses
are the employee's responsibility.Equal Employment OpportunityAs an
equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, it is
the policy of The University of Texas at San Antonio to promote and
ensure equal employment opportunity for all individuals regardless
of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation,
national origin, age, disability or genetic information, and
veteran status. The University is committed to the Affirmative
Action Program in compliance with all government requirements to
ensure nondiscrimination. Women, minorities, people with
disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. UTSA campuses
are accessible to persons with disabilities.To view the full job
posting and apply for this position, go to
Keywords: The University of Texas at San Antonio, San Antonio , Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach, Education / Teaching , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!