Senior Network Engineer - CCNP (San Antonio, TX)
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Presidio is a leading North American IT solutions provider
focused on Digital Infrastructure, Cloud and Security solutions to
create agile, secure infrastructure platforms for middle-market
customers. We deliver this technology expertise through a full life
cycle model of professional, managed, and support services
including strategy, consulting, implementation and design. By
taking the time to deeply understand how our clients define
success, we help them harness technology advances, simplify IT
complexity and optimize their environments today while enabling
future applications, user experiences, and revenue models. As of
June 30, 2018, we serve approximately 8,000 middle-market, large,
and government organizations across a diverse range of industries.
Approximately 2,900 Presidio professionals, including more than
1,600 technical engineers, are based in 60+ offices across the
United States in a unique, local delivery model combined with the
national scale of a $2. 8 billion dollar industry leader. We are
passionate about driving results for our clients and delivering the
highest quality of service in the industry. Presidio is majority
owned by affiliates of investment funds managed by affiliates of
Apollo Global Management, LLC (NYSE:APO). As a Sr. Consulting
Engineer - Networking, your primary responsibility is to provide
design, consulting, implementation, and support services to the
company s customers. In this role the majority of your time will be
in a billing capacity but some presales engineering may be
expected. This position will partner with members of the designated
consulting and engineering teams as well as operate with a high
degree of independence.Responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership for Consulting Services
- Engineer, configure, and lead the design, configuration and
deployment of data networks including LAN, WAN and WLAN, routers,
switches, firewalls, load balancers and other network and security
- Deliver to current client requirements and generate additional
consulting work by understanding the client's need and showing them
the justification for new technologies that fit their
- Demonstrate expert level knowledge of network topologies and
- Ensure changes to network topologies are made with minimal
- Provide regular status reports on tasks accomplished, current
issues and progress toward goals.
- Apply business development skills to identify potential sales
leads and opportunities and communicate discovered opportunities to
the regional sales team.
- Utilize executive and technical-level communications and
relationship building to gain credibility/trust of internal and
- Consult, assess or audit, design and interview customers to
determine highly technical requirements.
- Provide knowledge transfer to customers.
- Perform analysis of the networking problems as well as provide
highest-level crisis management.
- Ensure familiarity with customer network planning,
implementation and support processes and procedures.
- Facilitate design reviews for proposed architectures.
- Provide recommendations on viability, implementation strategies
and optimal implementation of Presidio solutions.Required
- Expert-level experience in relevant fields of network
- Complex routing and switching solutions (Cisco is a must, Nexus
strongly preferred, other manufacturers a plus)
- Wireless technologies (Cisco is a must, Meraki and Aruba
strongly preferred, other manufacturers a plus)
- Firewalls/VPN/IPS/etc. (Cisco & Palo Alto preferred)
- Authentication solutions including Cisco ACS/ISE (desired)
- Experience installing F5 Load Balancers a plus.
- CCNP Network is required
- CCNP Wireless is preferred
- CCNP Security is a plus
- CCIE is a plus
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Competitive equipment knowledge and experience with a channel
partner, large enterprise or university, service operator
(carrier), Third Party Network Consulting Services Company or other
- Expert-level hands-on operation of networking equipment,
management tools and network analyzers.
- Possess expert-level knowledge (or the aptitude to acquire
knowledge) of Presidio products, capabilities, functions and
- 5 years consulting experience with Cisco route/switch,
Wireless, Cisco Security and/or Cisco Data Center products.
- At least 5 years of experience and extensive knowledge of Cisco
routing and switching products including Cisco IOS, Cisco NX-OS,
LAN, WAN, and datacenter network topologies, WiFi, firewalls,
routers, switches, VPN design, network monitors and protocol
analyzers.#CB_ES#LI-ES1*****Presidio, Inc. is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/ VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this
position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national
origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital
status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by
applicable federal, state and local statutes, regulations and
ordinances.To read more about employment discrimination protections
under federal law, please visit:If you have any difficulty using
our online system and need an accommodation in the job application
process due to a disability, please send an email
to...@presidio.comfor assistance.Presidio, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal
Contractor requesting priority referrals of protected veterans for
its openings. State Employment Services; please provide priority
referrals to...@presidio.comRECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE
NOTE:Presidio has a strict PSL in place and will only accept
applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited
to work on this role through the Presidio portal. Candidate
Resumes/CV's not submitted through the Presidio portal or submitted
directly to Hiring Managers will be considered unsolicited and will
be treated as gifts and no fee will be payable. Thank you for your
cooperation. Associated topics: analog, asic, electrical,
electrical engineer, electronics, soc, system analyst, system
engineer, technical, wireless
Keywords: Presidio, San Antonio , Senior Network Engineer - CCNP (San Antonio, TX), Engineering , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!