Company: The Hotel Contessa
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Supervise the implementation of all property and equipment
preventive maintenance and repairs, monitor life safety systems and
utilities and administer the department in compliance with all
corporate/franchise standards and local, state and national codes
and regulations to protect assets, guests and associates.
Effectively manage engineering related capital projects.
Responsible for the preventative maintenance and repair of the
hotel's mechanical/electrical systems and equipment, and for the
general maintenance and upkeep of the physical plant, FFandE,
grounds, swimming pool, etc. as defined by HEI Hotels and Resorts
and brand standards.
- A complete understanding of all building related systems --
Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing, Life Safety, IT, etc.
- A complete understanding of all building related equipment --
HVACandR, Kitchen, Laundry, Pool, etc.
- Follows company preventative maintenance procedures and
guidelines for guestrooms, equipment, public space, grounds,
landscaping, and building envelop, etc.
- Maintains engineering related check book accounting procedures to
ensure department operates with-in budgeted guidelines while
maintaining required stock of supplies and materials.
- Effectively interview, supervise, train, manage performance,
assign tasks and follows-up with engineering staff to ensure
- Maintains accurate records and filing system to support RandM
Budget, PM Programs, Capital Budget, Capital Projects, Life Safety
Systems and Inspections, etc.
- Maintains all Engineering Spaces in a safe, clean, organized,
energy efficient manner.
- Tours hotel complex daily identifying items requiring
engineering, housekeeping or other departmental actions.
- Considered the property expert on all Life Safety related items,
trains all managers in these areas.
- Has a firm understanding of all Brands related issues and
- Has a firm understanding of all Brand related GSS, GSI, AYS, DTS
problem tracking procedures and is working to correct them.
- Has a basic understanding of elementary accounting
- Has a basic understanding of PC operation and a working knowledge
of Micro Soft Office Software programs and internet use.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations, seen as a strong
leader through-out hotel.
- Remains current on related technology advances that would enhance
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a
- Perform any other job duties as assigned.
We value U.S. military experience and invite all qualified military
candidates to apply.
Keywords: The Hotel Contessa, San Antonio , Chief Engineer, Engineering , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!