Process Engineer, Sr. 2
Company: Tower Semiconductor
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: June 26, 2022
Process Engineer, Sr. 2 - Diffusion/EPI
Date: 28/04/2022Location: San Antonio, TX, USA, 78251Company: Tower
Semiconductor Ltd.About Tower SemiconductorRecruiting World Class
Talent For A World Class Leader! Join Tower Semiconductor!Looking
for a career path in the high tech manufacturing industry? Become
part of a team focused on delivering the most exciting
semiconductor technology to the world! If you enjoy working with
others in a fast pace environment and are looking for an
opportunity to grow your career in the high tech industry then
Tower Semiconductor is the place to be!Tower Semiconductor is a
global specialty foundry leader! We specialize in manufacturing
analog integrated circuits for more than 300 customers worldwide in
growing markets such as automotive, medical, industrial, consumer
and aerospace and defense, among others.Job DescriptionTower
Semiconductor is searching for a recent engineering/science Ph.D.
graduate to be assigned to the Diffusion/Epitaxy area as a process
engineer to support sustaining, area improvements, process
transfers, and development in a high volume manufacturing fab
located in San Antonio, TX. The Tower Semiconductor fab in San
Antonio is a growing manufacturing site, delivering specialty
electronic devices for a wide range of applications with high
quality, low cost, and excellent cycle times. A qualified candidate
will be self-motivated, have strong technical and analytical
skills, and posses a practical, hands-on approach to engineering
This Job Is For You If
- Take ownership of the processes assigned and establish the
direction for improvements, sustaining, and overall operation.
- Work closely with process and integration engineers to improve
process metrics, such as SPC, yield, parametrics, and defects, as
well as to achieve first-pass success of technology transfers.
- Selection and qualification of semiconductor processing
- Monitor fab metrics with statistical process control
- Root cause investigation of discrepant material. Implement
yield and defect improvement projects.
- Write operating specifications and provide technical training
to wafer fab personnel.
- Work with equipment engineering to improve uptime, tool
utilization, and flexibility.
- Troubleshoot process and tool excursions.
- Identify cost savings opportunities and drive projects to
reduce overall costs.
- Implement advanced process control to improve Cpk at critical
- Ensure matching of newly installed equipment to support
- Develop new semiconductor manufacturing processes using design
of experiments (DOE).
- Harden fault detection and classification (FDC) strategy in the
areas of responsibility.Job Requirements
- Recent Ph.D. graduate, preferably in Chemical Engineering,
Materials Science, or Physics.
- Minimum 3 years of hands on diffusion experience.
- Demonstrated above average academic performance.
- Highly desirable coursework includes semiconductor processing
technology, device physics, and statistics.
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience with semiconductor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Candidate must be able to communicate with audiences at any
- Must be a self-starter, dependable and highly motivated.
- Ability to work and communicate with equipment engineering to
improve the area.
- Strong problem solving and data analysis skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- This position requires an adaptable, detail oriented practical
thinker and problem solver who is a quick learner and who has the
ability to manage multiple projects
simultaneously.*MON*#IND100Perks And BenefitsIndustry leading
healthcare.Community outreach programsSavings and
InvestmentsEducational resourcesOpportunities to network and
connectRecruiting incentive programEmployee recognition
Keywords: Tower Semiconductor, San Antonio , Process Engineer, Sr. 2, Engineering , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!