Cloud Engineer Lead - Hybrid
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Software Engineer Lead
for our San Antonio, TX, Phoenix, AZ or Plano, TX facility.
USAA values a culture that is highly collaborative, and we have
found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the best of both
worlds - collaborating in-person in the office and working from
home when needed to achieve focused results. The actual days'
onsite are resolved between each employee and the employee's
The candidate selected for this position will work with the Managed
Foundation Pipeline Team in USAA's Enterprise Data & Analytics
Office. The candidates will work on building and supporting data
pipelines. Candidates will work with AWS products and services such
as S3, EC2, VPCs, AWS Security, EKS, Lambda, SQS.Job
RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA knows what it means to serve. We
facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military
members and their families. This singular mission requires a
dedication to innovative thinking at every level.About USAA ITOur
most meaningful qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here, we
don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 13 million
members who rely on us every day.We're proud of USAA's strong
history -- and we're even more passionate about our future. That's
why we have a team of supportive and collaborative hardworking
technology professionals focused on doing more for our members. And
why we're continuing to add innovative problem solvers to our team.
With us, you'll find exciting challenges that inspire you to
continue learning and growing.Tasks:
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Design, develop, code, and test complex cross functional
technical solutions, often collaborating with Engineers or
Architects outside of team/department.
- Leads the team in code/design reviews to ensure smooth daily
operations and accurate planning for multiple teams.
- Organize work and lead multiple teams to deliver features and
- Independently resolves complex production issues and leads
troubleshooting of end-to-end solutions that span multiple
applications and systems.
- Mentor and coach junior / experienced engineers.
- Work with architecture to help define directions for cross
functional or highly complex key technologies within a specific
- May begin advancing professional development through active
participation in industry organizations, writing programming
publications, pursuing educational opportunities, establishing
personal networks, and participating in professional
- Leverages Site Reliability Engineering practices in their
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 additional years of experience beyond
the minimum requirement can be used in lieu of a degree.
- 8 years of software development experience demonstrating depth
of technical understanding within a specific
discipline(s)/technology(s) to include 2 years demonstrated
leadership driving enterprise technology projects or
- 6 years of experience delivering technology solutions in all
phases of the software systems and application development
- Highly proficient in software engineering languages and tools;
ability to develop on multiple platforms.
- Knowledge and advanced experience of leading code/design
- Demonstrated ability to address complex production issues by
troubleshooting applications and systems
- Ability to quickly understand applicable business acumen to
provide appropriate Engineering solutions
- Deep Understanding of one or more of the following: Java,
SQLWhen you apply for this position, you will be required to answer
some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes.
Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at
a later time and you will not be able to change your
- Significant experience developing and supporting data delivery
pipelines or data movement techniques/patterns with deep knowledge
on data movement integrity controls and data quality
- Spark programming experience
- Cloud experience with AWS products and services such as S3,
EC2, VPCs, AWS Security, EKS, Lambda, SQS
- API and/or UI Development Experience is a plus
- Experience in leading complex solution implementationsThe above
description reflects the details considered necessary to describe
the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a
detailed description of all the work requirements that may be
performed in the job.Compensation:USAA has an effective method for
assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your
experience and market position. The salary range for this skill is:
$117,600 - $211,700* Employees may be eligible for pay incentives
based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the
discretion of the USAA Board of Directors. Geographical
Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay
provided to eligible employees working in locations where market
pay levels are above the national average.Shift premium: will be
addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are
consistently scheduled for non-core hours. Benefits:At USAA our
employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical,
financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
goals. Please click on the link below for more details.Relocation
assistance is Not Available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Cloud Engineer Lead - Hybrid, Engineering , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!