Data Engineer Senior
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Data Engineer Senior for
our San Antonio or Plano, TX facility.
USAA values a culture that is highly collaborative, and we have
found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the best of both
worlds - collaborating in-person in the office and working from
home when needed to achieve focused results. The actual days'
onsite are resolved between each employee and the employee's
Data Engineers (DEs) are engaged in all phases of the data
management lifecycle. This includes gathering and analyzing
requirements, collecting, processing, storing, securing, and
archiving data. Develop and maintain technical systems for data
reporting and technical solutions utilizing emerging technologies.
Partner with the business to ensure data management solutions
aligned to business objectives.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level.
About USAA IT
Our most meaningful qualification isn't technical, it's human.
Here, we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our
13 million members who rely on us every day.
We're proud of USAA's strong history -- and we're even more
passionate about our future. That's why we have a team of
supportive and collaborative hardworking technology professionals
focused on doing more for our members. And why we're continuing to
add innovative problem solvers to our team. With us, you'll find
exciting challenges that inspire you to continue learning and
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Leads and/or engineers the full cycle of data solutions from
analysis, solution design, data pipeline engineering, testing,
deployment, scheduling, and production support.
- Designs and implements highly complex technical solutions for
data engineering and analytic systems using new methodologies and
- Designs, builds, manages, and optimizes data pipelines for data
structures encompassing data transformation, data models, schemas,
metadata, data quality, and workload management.
- Leads design reviews for the team and provides recommendations
using innovative architectural concepts and principals.
- Breakdown's business features into technical stories and
approaches. - Presents to leadership and influences on technical
- Creates proof of concepts and prototypes on highly complex
solutions and presents to leadership to deliver on vision for
- Collaborates with cross-functional partners and stakeholders to
lead technical solutions. -
- Implements efficient defect management, root cause analysis,
and resolution processes.
- Helps develop, maintain, and enforce the company's data
development tools and standards. Conduct code reviews on a regular
basis to improve quality and ensure compliance
- Creates the development of data pipelines, extracting data from
our various applications (internal & external sources) into the
- Assists in setting technical direction for the team and serves
a mentor to team members.Minimum requirements:
- Bachelor's degree: OR 4 years of related experience (in
addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be
substituted in lieu of degree.
- 6 years of data engineering, data analysis or software
development experience implementing data solutions with at least 2
years of data engineering or data management experience.
- Proven experience with end to end delivering of data solutions
that includes building, managing, and optimizing data pipelines
across cloud environments; curating and modeling the data for
various types of consumers/products and their pattern of usage to
include data marts, data lake, and operational analytic
- Experience completing multiple projects leveraging the agile
methodology in delivering data.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in SQL and Relational
Databases.When you apply for this position, you will be required to
answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5
minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to
finish them later and you will not be able to change your
- 2+ years' experience with Snowflake
- 2+ years' experience with Python
- 1+ year experience with DBT
- In depth understanding of ETL
- Experience with GIT -
- Excellent communication, presentation, leadership,
problem-solving and analytical skills. -
- Experience presenting advanced concepts to executive audiences.
-The above description reflects the details considered necessary to
describe the principal functions of the job and should not be
construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be performed in the job.Compensation:USAA has an effective
method for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure
we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based
on your experience and market position. The salary range for this
skill is: $106,800 - $192,300*Employees may be eligible for pay
incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or
at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.Geographical
Differential:Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided
to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels
are above the national average.Shift premium:Will be addressed on
an individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently
scheduled for non-core hours.Benefits:At USAA our employees enjoy
best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and
emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical,
dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental
benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid
holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness
programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing
education assists employees with their professional goals.Please
click on the link below for more details.Relocation assistance is
Not Available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Data Engineer Senior, Engineering , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!