Journey Level Mechanic - Treatment
Company: San Antonio Water System
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Starting hourly rate: $22.9365. Rate of pay depends on
The Journey Level Mechanic - Treatment is responsible for the
intermediate level maintenance and complex repair of equipment and
facilities. Position will support multiple facilities with varying
processes, equipment and functional requirements.
* Troubleshoots, diagnoses and resolves complex non-routine water
or wastewater facility machinery, piping and equipment
* Performs predictive, preventative and corrective maintenance
* Develops and submits technical specifications for repair parts
* Tracks and records information required in work order
* Creates reports with and enters data into the computerized
maintenance management system (CMMS) and uses Microsoft Office.
* Performs advanced level diagnostic tests to resolve routine to
* Repairs plant machinery and equipment, using hoists, jacks, hand
tools, welding equipment, ladders, confined space equipment, PPE,
squares, rules, micrometers, and other tools.
* Dismantles, constructs, fabricates, and assembles various
components of facilities, industrial machinery or equipment.
* Performs confined space entries in hazardous environments.
* Participates in planning efforts such as safety committees, work
planning groups, and special project teams.
* Coordinates with all organizational groups, crafts, and
* Trains and mentors other employees.
* Leads work teams as required.
* Monitors mechanical equipment and makes functional
* Cleans and lubricates machinery and equipment according to
* Furnishes mechanical recommendation when ordering new parts,
machinery and equipment.
* Demonstrates a working knowledge of other maintenance crafts.
* Promotes and practices a safe working environment.
* Applies intermediate to advanced principles of mechanical
maintenance and industrial safety.
* Reads O & M manuals, as-built drawings, block maps, schematics,
and construction plans.
* Establishes and maintains effective working relationship and
* May operate a forklift, powered vertical lifting equipment,
utility truck, crane, combination unit, water tanker or other heavy
* Performs work in accordance with TCEQ, OSHA and other applicable
* Evaluates construction drawings and makes recommendations.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Receives general supervision.
* Acts as a team leader.
* May refer highly complex issues to higher levels.
* High School diploma orGeneral Education Development (GED)
* Four years' experience performing repairs and maintenance in the
* Training on Confined Space, HAZMAT Awareness, Lock Out Tag Out,
Supervising for Safety, Fit Testing, Electrical Safety and other
* Ability to report to work on time, maintain a good attendance
record, and work all designated work schedules.
* Valid Class "C" Texas Driver's License.
* Class "C" Wastewater Treatment OperatorsLicense.
* Ability to apply intermediate to advanced math and measurement
principles such as multiplication and division of decimals
* Ability to apply intermediate computer skills and the ability to
use a computerized maintenance management system.
* Ability to proficiently use materials, tools, and equipment
commonly used in maintenance or repair of industrialfacilities.
* Contact with internal and external customers, contractors,
* Communicates effectively, verbally and inwriting.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Physical requirements include lifting/carrying up to 90 pounds
occasionally and pushing/pulling a maximum force of 150 pounds.
Subject to standing, sitting, walking, climbing, bending, crawling,
squatting, kneeling and working in cramped and strained positions
for extended periods of time to perform job scope. Also, subject to
climbing up to 200 feet in height.
Working conditions are primarily outside with frequent exposure to
inclement weather; wastewater; mechanical, electrical, chemical and
confined space hazards; offensive fumes; excessive noise; heavy
traffic; deep excavations; and animals, snakes and poisonous
insects. May be required to comply with requirements as specified
in applicable regulations for personal protective equipment,
including clearance for use of respiratory protection and other
associated protective equipment. Operates company vehicle on a
May be required to work hours other than regular daytime schedules
such as shift work, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Keywords: San Antonio Water System, San Antonio , Journey Level Mechanic - Treatment, Engineering , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!