LEAD ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGIST - SR. ENGR. TECHNOLOGIST - PCB AVIONICS
Company: Southwest Research Institute
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: November 27, 2022
Who We Are:
The Avionics and Support Systems Department provides world-class
research, design, services, and support, offering both new products
and solutions to legacy issues for the DoD industry, Allies, and
Objectives of this Role:
- Work with a multidisciplinary team of engineers and technicians
in the execution of complex R&D program in support of national
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Collaborate directly with Electrical and Mechanical engineers
to develop printed circuit boards and interconnect systems for PCBs
in support of MIL-SPEC avionics flight electronic hardware.
- Position may require additional hours to meet project
- Will work in a team environment as well as independently to
complete assigned tasks with direct supervision.
- Responsibilities include development of Printed Circuit Boards
(PCBs) and Library component generation.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent or a Bachelors
degree with a 3.00 GPA in Engineering Technology
- CID+ (advanced) certification preferred
- BS or AS degree in EET is preferred
- 6-10 years of professional level experience in printed wiring
board design with a BS Degree
- 25 years: Without BS degree
- Advanced working knowledge of Mentor Graphics PADS
Professional, and/or Xpedition
- Requires PCB design experience.
- Basic understanding of configuration management and electronic
- A good understanding of Signal Integrity as well as a good
mechanical aptitude is helpful
- Prior knowledge of IPC standards, Digital, Mixed Signal, and RF
electronics PWB designs
- Interconnect principles and practices designing low level and
complex PWB designs is helpful
- Must have IPC-Certified Interconnect Design (CID) basic
- A valid/clear driver's license is required
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security
investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to
classified information. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas
For more information about this division, visit the home page.
For benefits information at our San Antonio location, click .
For benefits information at all other locations, click .
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National
Committed to Diversity in the Workplace
If you need assistance with completing the application, please
Keywords: Southwest Research Institute, San Antonio , LEAD ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGIST - SR. ENGR. TECHNOLOGIST - PCB AVIONICS, Engineering , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!