Explosion Hazard Analyst / Lead Engineer
Company: American Bureau of Shipping
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: January 27, 2023
ABS Consulting's Extreme Loads and Structural Risk Division is
seeking an experienced Explosion Hazard Analyst to join our
ABS Consulting is a worldwide multi-discipline industry leader in
risk assessment, hazard mitigation, and management planning for
natural, process, or threat related hazards. The Extreme Loads
group has unique capabilities and extensive experience in the
analysis and design of facilities subject to extreme loads
- Facility Siting Analysis
- Quantitative Risk Assessment
- Fire & Explosion Risk Assessments
- Explosion, Fire and Toxic Modeling
- Explosion Testing and Similitude Modeling
- Advanced Finite Element Analysis: Nonlinear static, Nonlinear
- Advanced Computational Fluid Dynamics Analyses
- Root Cause Analysis & Incident Investigations
Work will normally be performed in an office environment. Duties
may include outside assignments which may include limited travel.
Work tasks may involve manual labor in an industrial setting on an
as needed basis.
Location: San Antonio, TX (preferred), Houston, TX, or remote (for
the right candidate)
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical/Chemical Engineering.
- Coursework in fluid dynamics and energy emphasis.
- Experience conducting fire/toxic/explosion hazards
- Experience performing consequence modeling using DNV
- Experience performing CFD modeling of dispersion/explosion
using GEXCON FLACS.
- Working knowledge of facility siting and/or fire & explosion
risk analysis (FERA)
- Experience writing reports and delivering technical
presentations to clients.
- Must be a US citizen.
- Master's degree Mechanical/Chemical Engineering.
- Experience performing Quantitative Risk Analysis (QRA) of Major
- Experience with CFD modeling using ANSYS Fluent, Star-CCM+,
COMSOL, or equivalent
- Programming/scripting experience (.NET, Python, VBA)
- Project management experience
- Experience working as Consulting Engineer
ABS Group is committed to the equal employment opportunity of its
employees and prohibits discrimination against any employee or
qualified applicant on the basis of race, color, creed, religion,
national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual
orientation, citizenship status or veteran status, or other
non-work-related characteristics that may be protected under the
law of the Federal Government or specific state employment
Keywords: American Bureau of Shipping, San Antonio , Explosion Hazard Analyst / Lead Engineer, Engineering , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!