ENGINEER - RESEARCH ENGINEER - THERMOFLUIDS
Company: Southwest Research Institute
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Who We Are:
We solve complex fluids problems to help society gain access to
energy and water. We strive to create a workplace defined by mutual
respect and collaboration, where the sharing of knowledge and the
drive for excellence are pervasive. Safety is a top priority and is
integrated in every operation.
Objectives of this Role:
- Provide engineering support for research projects on fluid
dynamics and/or heat transfer systems.
- Topic areas include hydrogen applications, oil and gas, water
management, alternative energy, and space applications.
- Contribute to experimental research projects in a laboratory
- Provide design solutions for fluid dynamics and/or heat
transfer systems using analytical and computational
- Engage with commercial and government clients to develop
solutions that fit their requirements, develop their system, and
guide them through validation testing.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Complete engineering design and analysis projects for fluid and
heat transfer systems.
- This includes authoring the proposal, performing technical
work, ensuring the project stays on schedule and budget, and
providing the data to the customer through a written report.
- Use analytical and computational methods to support the design
and optimization of thermofluid systems.
- Post-process test data; write and present reports and technical
papers; manage the technical and financial performance of
- Develop new business through networking, conference attendance,
creation of promotional material, and proposal writing.
- Requires a Bachelors with a 3.20 GPA in Mechanical Engineering
or related engineering degree with related
- Thermofluids specific military experience preferred, including
Navy power plant experience or similar
- 0-5 years: Coursework or research project in fluid dynamics,
heat transfer, or thermodynamics related area
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to
effectively communicate complex information
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on diverse
- A valid/clear driver's license is required
Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas
Military Friendly: Your military experience may apply to this
For more information about this division, visit the home page.
For benefits information at our San Antonio location, click .
For benefits information at all other locations, click .
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National
Committed to Diversity in the Workplace
If you need assistance with completing the application, please
Keywords: Southwest Research Institute, San Antonio , ENGINEER - RESEARCH ENGINEER - THERMOFLUIDS, Engineering , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...