Company: Strata Innovative Solutions
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: March 20, 2023
The Control Systems or Application Engineer is responsible for assisting and supporting efforts in planning, designing, and commissioning Industrial Control Systems, including Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) and Distributed Control System (DCS). Participates in project identification, project integration, cost estimates, and design and review of plans, specifications of Control Systems, field equipment, or technology infrastructure across various vertical markets such as Oil and Gas, Manufacturing, Water-Wastewater, and Material Handling.
- Assists in establishing technical strategy and solutions related to control systems, instrumentation and telemetry needs in various projects across our different market segments.
- Participates in the development and design of control systems architecture to include component selection, control panel design, detailing schematic diagrams, and instrument drawings.
- Reviews and tests PLC code submitted by engineers for adherence to project requirements
- Reviews and tests Human Machine Interface (HMI) graphics submitted by engineers for adherence to project requirements.
- Prepares or reviews drawings and specifications for Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), DCS, SCADA, HMI and other related Control Systems requirements.
- Collaborates with stakeholders and engineering teams in the development of improved business process flows. and attends start-up testing associated with specific projects onsite and consults with Information Or Operation Technology Teams to successfully integrate various controls and automation infrastructure
- Assists in the testing and commissioning of safety systems, material handling or processing equipment, pump station, compressor station, or various instrumentation and equipment in multiple environments
- Work with various SCADA, Database, Data-Collection, ERP, MES, Leak Detection, and Business Intelligence Systems
- Requires a willingness to learn and the ability to be flexible.
- Expected that many tasks asked will be learning experiences, and experienced team members will provide proper instruction and expected to make positive contributions to the company in response to the training provided.
- Participate in the design, programming, testing, implementation, and continuous improvement lifecycles of each project.
- Currently enrolled and on track to graduate with a bachelor's program, must be at least a Senior level Control Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science student. GPA of 3.0 or above (A=4.0) in an accredited nationally recognized institution.
- General knowledge or related system experience to include PLC hardware, software programming, and computer and network systems experience.
- Valid Class "C" Texas driver's license.
- General Knowledge of industrial control processes for oil/gas, manufacturing, or water/wastewater
- Basic Knowledge of control system designs for PLC, DCS, RTU, SCADA and HMI.
- Understanding of Cisco network infrastructure such as routers, switches, firewalls and VPN technology with some knowledge of Communications Systems such as outdoor wireless, fiber optics and structured cabling.
- Basic knowledge of control system software applications such as Unity pro XL, RS Logix 5000, Rockwell Factory Talk and Emerson Ovation or Allen Bradley and Emerson programmable controllers.
- Basic knowledge of server and virtualization infrastructure such as VMWare, Windows Server OS and Linux OS.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Skill in utilizing Microsoft software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Keywords: Strata Innovative Solutions, San Antonio , Application Engineer, Engineering , San Antonio, Texas
here to apply!