Cyber Network Engineer
Company: Feditc LLC
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: March 20, 2023
San Antonio TX - San Antonio, TX
4 Year Degree
FEDITC, LLC is a fast-growing business supporting DoD and other
intelligence agencies worldwide. FEDITC develops mission critical
national security systems throughout the world directly supporting
the Warfighter, DoD Leadership, & the country. We are proud &
honored to provide these services.
Overview of position:
FEDITC is seeking a Cyber Network Engineer to work in the San
Antonio, TX area. United States Citizenship and an active TS/SCI
DoD Security Clearance is required to be considered for this
position. This is an upcoming position contingent on contract
- Responsible for planning, implementing, and operating network
services / systems, to include hardware and virtual environments
and for conducting Research efforts to support test and evaluation
and range operations.
- Research, develop, evolve, and field capabilities and
methodologies and to ensure these capabilities and methodologies
are integrated with DoD guidance and policy.
- Conduct reviews of competing assessment programs,
methodologies, processes, and objectives and provide
recommendations on how to improve the defense cyber operations
(DCO) concept, process, and reporting.
- Research, develop, document, and maintain methodologies that
address the full spectrum of a test, assessment, or range event:
planning, execution, and reporting.
- Provide methodologies that include tested and proven tools
(both hardware and software based), tactics, techniques and
procedures while updating methodologies and integrating new
- Provide research for new major program efforts and range
- Evaluate tools for collecting, analyzing, and reporting the
data required to determine the security posture of the devices and
all device types used in support of Test and Range mission
- Provide recommendations to the team lead to define tool
requirements and identify, document, and demonstrate the proper
usage of all tools developed and modified (including scripts and
data base queries).
- Perform evaluations of systems, networks, applications, and
- Perform the CVPA functions IAW DoD Cybersecurity policy.
- Provide technical coordination support to CVPA Mission
Commanders (MC) during the planning, execution, and reporting
phases of CVPA missions.
- Provide assessment plan input during the site survey by
determining the functional areas required to execute a CVPA
mission, developing penetration test scenarios based on mission
scope and objectives, and identifying the technical activities
needed to accomplish mission objectives.
- Oversee technical activities during mission execution based on
- Provide technical / engineering support to configure
Government-provided hardware / software to conduct CVPA
- Provide qualified personnel for operation activities including
the resolution of incidents (using the Remedy system).
- Maintain data files and monitoring system configuration to
ensure data integrity.
- Provide metrics on system performance and resource
- Perform preventative system maintenance and install, support,
and maintain computer systems.
- Plan and respond to service outages, monitor, and enhance
system performance, implement, and ensure security preventative
measures are fully functioning.
- Provide qualified personnel for activities required for
transitioning a system from the deployment phase into operational
use and maintaining existing systems and environment.
- Provide sustainment activities to include maintaining existing
legacy systems, providing requirements analysis, engineering impact
assessments, cost estimates and Courses of Action (COA)
- Provide technical analysis for advocacy for resources, remotely
managing and monitoring sites as identified by the PMO.
- Provide site specific logical and physical network drawing
generation and maintenance, support testing activities to include
development, operational and acceptance testing.
- Provide engineering support for system integration and test
events of systems / projects to include deployment and installation
support, provide scripts and testing and implementation of those
- Operate and maintain a system integrated test lab that is
capable of supporting a full range of integration test activities
for both the currently fielded system(s) as well as maintenance /
- Establish and maintain a production environment that mirrors
the operational environment in order to perform regression
- Perform testing and inspections of all system services to
ensure the technical adequacy and accuracy of all work.
- Conduct testing ranging from data entry and display at the user
level combined with system loading to represent a fully operational
- Contribute to the development of policies and procedures for
constructing and archiving technical reports, reporting
- Provide the necessary documentation, including data flow
diagrams, network diagrams, requirements documents, design criteria
and test documentation to support baseline management,
configuration control, and engineering activities.
- Provide qualified personnel to the Government to define and
execute a disciplined process for controlling and evolving
baselines and enhancing systems and their components.
- Participate in the unit change boards, Integrated Product Team
(IPT) and Program Management Office (PMO) driven requirements
- Provide necessary written agendas, post meeting minutes,
technical diagrams / drawings, and spreadsheets to support
successful conduct of these boards.
- Maintain network configuration diagrams of network
- Maintain lists, either electronic or manual of all hardware and
software supporting CSA testing.
- Maintain configuration baselines for the approved systems and
- Install, configure, and test local area network (LAN) hardware
and software components and cabling.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, document, resolve and report problems as
they are encountered IAW 67 CW and industry standards and
- "Monitor for updates" and install vendor security patches and
measures IAW Defense Information System Agency (DISA) Information
Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM), Time Compliance Network
Order (TCNO), Cyber Control Order (CCO), Maintenance Tasking Order
(MTO) and any other orders developed and released by Higher
- Verify that patches or measures were installed
- Implement security recommendations for mission and support
- Backup and restore application and operating system software
- Establish and maintain all assets including: firewalls, DNS,
Windows Internet Name Service (WINS), Exchange services, routers,
Storage Area Networks (SANs), and Cross Domain Solution (CDS).
- Integrate approved assessment tools.
- Modify systems IAW with approved change request process.
- Document and track configuration and assets.
- Test tools, network subsystems and interfaces.
- Review reports for accuracy, grammar and compliance with AF and
DoD guidelines for official documents.
- Develop, review, document and finalize requirements necessary
to satisfy DoD IA controls.
- Other support duties as needed/directed. Qualifications
- 5 years of relevant experience Education:
- Associates degree in related field. Certifications:
- CE Certification
- IAT III Clearance:
- Active TS/SCI Security Clearance is required.
- Must be a US Citizen and pass a background check.
- Maintain applicable security clearance(s) at the level required
by the client and/or applicable certification(s) as requested by
FEDITC and/or required by FEDITC'S Client(s)/Customer(s)/Prime
FEDITC, LLC. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability,
genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a
covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and
local laws. FEDITC, LLC. complies with applicable state and local
laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location
in which the company has facilities.
Keywords: Feditc LLC, San Antonio , Cyber Network Engineer, Engineering , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...