Diesel Fleet Technician II
Posted on: March 20, 2023
US0013 Sysco Central Texas (Division of USA I)
Minimum Level of Education:
High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:
- PAY: $25-28 hourly
- Full time with exceptional benefits!
- Perform required inspections and preventive maintenance on
vehicles and equipment with in planned time tolerances to maximize
the safety, reliability, and cost efficiency throughout the life
cycle of the fleet.
- Perform FAI/CVI (Annual) inspections on all fleet vehicles
including tractors, trailers, converter dollies, light duty
vehicles and any other company owned equipment in accordance with
all federal, state and local legal and regulatory agencies.
(Includes all state required inspections and frequencies).
- Perform quality preventive maintenance inspections per company
methods on all fleet vehicles including tractors, trailers,
converter dollies, lift-gates, light duty vehicles and any other
company owned equipment.
- Perform quality maintenance repairs as required to maximize
safety and reliability on all fleet vehicles including tractors,
trailers, converter dollies, lift-gates, light duty vehicles and
any company owned equipment.
- Address all Driver Vehicle Inspection Report write ups timely,
- Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repairs to
manufacturer specifications including but not limited to engines,
transmissions and clutches, drive-line, differential, steering and
suspension, fuel and ignition system, exhaust systems (including
regeneration systems), intake systems, electrical systems, brake
systems, HVAC systems and lift-gate hydraulic, mechanical and
- Follow procedures including documenting all work performed on
- Learn and develop efficiency in Sysco computer programs
- Proficient in electrical meter testing
- Knowledge of controls and electric (DC low voltage)
- Electric motor knowledge (DC)
- Complete electrical repairs and welding projects as needed.
Education and / or Experience:
- Medium / Heavy Duty truck technical training 2 year school and
1 year of experience or 3 years of experience in fleet maintenance
- High school diploma or GED required
- Current and valid driver's license.
- Annual Inspector Certification, Knowledge, Skills and
- Brake Inspector Certification, Knowledge, Skills and
- ASE certifications - Automotive or Medium/Heavy Duty Trucks
(Preferred, Not Required)
- 609 HVAC Certification
- Working knowledge of computer based diagnostic software for
OEM's and component manufacturers
- Technician must provide own and provide all tools (diagnostic
equipment and major tools provided by Sysco) necessary to perform
all maintenance repair and diagnostics
- Expert knowledge and skill of all vehicle systems and
- Moderate knowledge and skill in diagnosis and repair of
electrical systems on all equipment
- Moderate knowledge and skill in Preventive Maintenance
Inspections and repair
- Basic knowledge and skill in welding and cutting (gas,
electric, MIG, TIG)
- Basic computer skills and knowledge
- Moderate knowledge of all DOT (FMCSA) regulations
- Basic knowledge of OSHA safety regulations
- Basic knowledge of environmental regulations
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk
and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse,
and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required
to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or
feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to climb, balance, stoop,
kneel, crouch, bend or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and must
frequently lift and/or move up to 100 lbs.
- The employee is Repair work requires excellent hand and finger
dexterity used for wrenches, hand tools and other shop
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to operate various pieces of equipment
- Ability to stand, sit, walk, bend, reach
- Ability to push/pull
- Ability to lift /carry
- Ability to grasp tools
- Ability to perform Repetitive motion: wrenches and hand
- Working conditions: Frequently works outdoors.
For information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over
57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco
operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and
serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or
any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: Sysco, San Antonio , Diesel Fleet Technician II, Engineering , Cibolo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...