Company: HRI DEVELOPMENT
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: May 27, 2023
The Hilton San Antonio Hill Country is looking for A Director of
Engineering/Chief Engineer to lead and mentor their team. Fabulous
location, collaborative team and opportunity to grow.
Responsible for the preventive and corrective maintenance of the
entire hotel property, interior and exterior, and the development,
execution and follow-though of the hotel work order system. This
individual manages and oversees the department in accordance with
standards and guidelines established by the hotels.
- Ensure all required repairs and maintenance performed on all
hotels equipment and assets as scheduled or requested by guests,
housekeeping , and /or management. Such duties could consist of
HVAC, plumbing, an electrical repairs, and furniture replacement
and/or repair etc.
- Perform preventive maintenance on hotels equipment and assets
per set schedule.
- Perform daily walk through, record all meter readings and
- Develop and maintain effective work order and other paperwork
- Hire, train, supervise, coach and counsel Engineering
- Schedule team members, taking into consideration expected guest
arrivals and departures, occupancy levels, guest service needs and
- Work with the General Manager on maintain and facilitate
effective training programs.
- Ensure that Engineering employees are properly uniformed and
are following all hotel procedures.
- Ensure that all operations of Engineering equipment and
procedures are understood and performed safely in accordance with
company guidelines and government regulations.
- Assume responsibility for implementation of policies and
procedures set by the hotels.
- Provide written details of work performed on Work Order forms
and other documents.
- Record all maintenance request work performed in the log
program and return request to proper location.
- Assemble weekly and Period Summary Maintenance Reports and
identify and track trends in order to anticipate future work
projects and costs.
- Provide feedback to management and owners on specific
maintenance and repair needs.
- Administer Safety Training programs.
- Know hotels emergency procedures and where all emergency
shut-offs are located. Assist hotel Guests when necessary in case
of an emergency.
- Facilitates all Emergency response Training and Safety Training
for all hotel employees.
- Budget, plan, schedule, coordinate and supervise Capital
- Perform special projects assigned a time set for each
- Support environmental commitments by having the knowledge,
skills and values to be a leader in the global goal of "greening"
the hospitality industry.
- Watch for safety hazard.
- Be ready and willing to complete the job as necessary.
- Be an example to all employees.
- Educate all staff on health and safety procedures and policies.
- High School Graduate or Equivalent
- HVAC Certification
- Has thorough knowledge and understanding of general repairs and
- Proven track record working with information technology
- Experience with fire and life safety systems.
- Working knowledge of electrical, plumbing, HVAC and
- Must posses excellent interpersonal and communication skills
written and verbal. Will be interfacing with guests and homeowners
to provide efficient and effective results as related repairs and
- Maintains a close working relationship with employees and
department heads from all areas of hotel operations.
- The position is on call 24 hours a day. One must be flexible to
work long hours to ensure the smooth operation of the engineering
- This position requires the ability to communicate and make
sound judgment calls when evaluating problems and situations in
order to expedite the resolution. Additionally, it is necessary to
take a proactive role and mange by example.
HRI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer who values
diversity and their commitment to reflect the communities in which
we operate. We are deeply driven by creating a collaborative and
vibrant culture and welcome all regardless of age, race, gender,
sexual orientation, religion, national origin, disability or
Keywords: HRI DEVELOPMENT, San Antonio , Chief Engineer, Engineering , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...