Service Technician - Heavy Chillers
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Our Commercial HVAC Service Technician - (Chillers), specializes in
heavy commercial chiller systems. You are responsible--for
performing inspections, testing, repairs, and planned maintenance
of advanced and complex Chiller type Systems.
Established in 1946, TDIndustries has developed into one of
America's-- premier Mechanical Construction and Facility Services
companies serving clients through the full life-cycle of a
facility, to include engineering, construction, operations and
maintenance. --For 70 years, our employee-owned company has
provided innovative services that optimize the performance of
world-class mechanical and electrical systems that serve
health-care--facilities, hotels, schools, sports arenas, mission
critical facilities and industrial complexes and other essential
- Maintains, Diagnoses and Repairs advanced and complex
mechanical Chiller type systems.
- Coordinates work processes on large projects.
- Performs disassembly and reassembly of large commercial
equipment to perform troubleshooting and planned maintenance as
indicated in the service agreement.
- Proficiently operates hand tools, power tools, gauges and
- Completes service contracts, quoted projects and demand service
calls as directed.
- Develops long-term relationships with customers and explains
work performed to the customer's satisfaction.
- Communicates and documents project status to all project
- Serves as a lead and front-line resource to service technicians
through technical support.
- Coordinates the work of subcontractors, and may be asked to
develop and provide guidance to technicians.--
- Purchases materials and issues purchase order numbers to
- Safely drives a motor vehicle and trailer, follows requirements
of company vehicle driving policy and adheres to all company safety
- Maintains equipment, tools, and inventory stock on service
- Uses work experience to diagnose and provide timely cost
effective solutions to customers.--
- Able to work effectively with app based software.
- Minimum of 3+ years of relevant Chiller repair
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two-year technical--degree in related field is
- Required - Chiller Skills:
- OEM Experience or Factory Training
- Troubleshooting of chiller control panels, routine mechanical
and electrical for chillers.
- Strong background performing centrifugal chiller overhaul
- Strong Systems knowledge (air-side, waterside, controls)
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills and the
ability to prioritize--and multitask.
- Advanced knowledge in the Operation, Maintenance and
Troubleshooting of advanced and complex mechanical--systems.
Examples, chilled water plant systems I.e.. pumps,vfd's and cooling
- Takes and logs readings from critical equipment and takes
appropriate corrective actions before system outage occurs.
- Required - Extensive knowledge of chilled water systems such as
DX air-cooled,Scroll/ Reciprocating, Screw, Centrifugal chillers
and Magnetic Bearing Compressor Technology.
- Required - Advanced working knowledge of building--automation
and sequence of mechanical systems operations.
- Proficiency in equipment OEM specific software. (for example,
TU, Tech-view, Service Checker, MTool)
- Excellent customer service skills with a desire to exceed
- Advanced knowledge of service processes, techniques and codes
- Proficient in reading complex schematics and blue prints.
- Performs as self-managed individual.
- Professional demeanor, solid interpersonal skills with good
written and oral communication capability.
- Demonstrates strong business ethics at all times.TDIndustries
is an Equal Opportunity Employer. TDIndustries recruits qualified
applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information,
ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any
other status protected by law. EOE Minorities/ Females/ Protected
Keywords: TDIndustries, San Antonio , Service Technician - Heavy Chillers, Engineering , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!