MQ/Kafka Messenger Engineer
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Purpose of Job We are seeking a talented MQ/Kafka Messenger Engineer - Mid Level for our San Antonio, TX (Vista Corporate Center) or Plano, TX facility.
MQ/Kafka Messenger Engineers independently plans installs, integrates and validates systems software and hardware solutions. They also manage technical change implementation across environments, acquires and apply broad knowledge of the business, its products, and processes to resolves issues of and navigates obstacles to deliver work product. MQ/Kafka Messenger Engineers serve as a resource to less experienced team members on escalated issues of a routine nature as well as participates in the evaluation, development, implementation, integration and administration of internal and external business solutions that meet customer needs.
Job Requirements ABOUT USAA
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level. In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For(r), and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly(r) Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply. ABOUT USAA IT
Our most important qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 12 million members who rely on us every day.
We are over 5,000 employees strong, a passionately supportive and collaborative team built on agile principles. We've been a top-two Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT five years in a row and were recently named a Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT by Workforce Diversity Magazine.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
USAA Information Technology: A Realistic Preview
- Consistently applies learned processes, procedures and workflows to include however not limited to the software and/or hardware environments in one domain.
- Generates new solutions leveraging competent skills and knowledge.
- Solve complex infrastructure and application problems independently.
- Considered fully qualified in one domain.
- May serve as a mentor to junior team members.
- May be a subject matter expert in one or more specializations within a domain.
- Utilizes troubleshooting techniques to determine problem root cause and apply knowledge of operational infrastructure to determine business impact.
- Perform system monitoring, daily check, diagnostic and corrective action, complex root cause analysis and implement corrective measures to prevent future service interruptions.
- Configures, maintains and monitors systems infrastructure to enhance availability, improve performance, and ensure adequate capacity.
- Bachelor's degree, or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 4 or more years of relevant business support and/or general information technology support experience.
- Proficient knowledge of systems administration and/or systems programming skills, Websphere, Unix, Windows Server, Desktop OS internals or Mainframe domains.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- 2+ years experience with administering and developing Kafka and/or on the Confluent Platform
- 2+ years experience Administrating IBM Websphere MQ, RedHat AMQ (or comparable technology)
- 2+ years experience with Streaming data pipelines
- Experience with Java Enterprise Edition (JEE)
- Experience with Dev/Ops tooling and CI/CD pipelines
- Perl or Bash scripting
- Strong troubleshooting skills and familiarity with all technologies in Java-based web application requests
USAA Software Developers transform analytics to impact our members' experiences. Collectively, we are:
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Ability to code and script
- Experience with systems and IT operations
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- Strong grasp of automation tools
- Data management skills
- A strong focus on business outcomes
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
USAA's most valuable resource is our 33,000 employees. We promote a culture of diversity and inclusion, encouraging varied perspectives and ideas.
Our team enjoys world-class benefits, pay and highly competitive reward opportunities, including comprehensive healthcare, wellness and wealth building programs, employee resource groups, 401K matching dollar-for-dollar up to 8% of pay, career planning, continuing education, and parental leave. We promote a strong work-life balance with a variety of on-site services and conveniences depending on location, including a daycare, health center and pharmacy, multiple dining options, company stores, covered parking and free fitness centers. USAA is a casual dress environment.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager's approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 02/14/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Department: Systems / Network Engineering - provided by Dice Agile, Analysis, Bash, Development, Diagnostic, Hardware, IBM, Java, Manager, Management, Perl, Programming, Security, Testing, Unix, WebSphere, Windows
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , MQ/Kafka Messenger Engineer, Engineering , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!