Project Engineer (Development Engineering)
Company: San Antonio Water System
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Salary starts at $70,026.00 annually. Rate of pay depends on qualifications.Job Description
The Project Engineer is responsible for developing, planning, and designing, and commissioning construction projects. Participates in project identification, project integration, cost estimating, and design and review of plans, specifications, and construction inspection.--
The positions will be located in the following areas of the Engineering department: Development Group, Production and Transmission Group, Water Supply, and Construction Management Group.
- Identifies projects; develops project scopes; manages the planning, design, construction, implementation of projects, and directs project execution and schedules for projects.
- Prepares, seals, and certifies plans and specifications; prepares and/or reviews construction documents, cost estimates, plats, easements; performs and/or reviews hydraulic modeling and analysis of existing and future SAWS infrastructure, and other submittals by engineering consultants and internal staff for completeness and correctness. May include large scale and long term projects.
- Prepares request for proposals; evaluates interest statement submittals; and ensures effective implementation of professional services contracts.
- Manages project, schedule, and quality performance of the team.
- Negotiates contracts, settlements, and issues with SAWS contractors, consultants, and the public.
- Manages construction projects by inspecting the progress and quality of the construction work and budget status; reviews drawings, submittal and analytical test reports; assures conformance to the contract plans, construction and material specifications and SAWS standards; prepares change orders and contract amendments; reviews and approves monthly pay estimates and schedules submitted by the contractor; and prepares and negotiates change orders.
- Leads teams in acquiring necessary project permits; ensures all necessary permits have been submitted to appropriate regulatory agencies.
- Provides engineering support and technical knowledge to other departments within SAWS for special projects including development of regulations, specifications, contracts, and studies.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with internal and external agencies and public relations including local and regional entities.
- Coordinates the implementation of interagency projects, developing internal and external project or program teams, guidelines, and procedures.
- Applies engineering principles and practices as it relates to design and implementation of wastewater, water, reuse, chilled water, and heating or steam projects.
- Prepares and delivers verbal and written presentations to SAWS staff and management and the public.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Assigns and reviews work of employees engaged in the full range of engineering and operational project or program development.
- May supervise employees.
- The Project Engineer works under limited supervision.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or a related engineering field from an institution accredited by a nationally recognized accrediting agency.
- Four years' progressive experience in engineering.
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of Texas, or if the license is held in another state, must obtain Texas license within six months of appointment.
- Valid Class "C" Texas Driver's license consistent with SAWS Driving Policy.
- Proficient in word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software.
- Master's Degree in Civil Engineering or a related engineering field from and institution accredited by a nationally recognized accrediting agency.
- Two years' supervisory experience.--
- Contact with internal and external customers, consultants, governmental agencies, and contractors.
- Communicates effectively, verbally and in writing.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Working conditions are in an office and field environment. Operates a company vehicle on an occasional to frequent basis.
Keywords: San Antonio Water System, San Antonio , Project Engineer (Development Engineering), Engineering , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!