Aircraft Mechanic III - Structures
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: May 20, 2019
San Antonio,Texas,United States
This is a unique opportunity to work in multiple factory locations
on multiple Boeing Development Programs. Candidates hired to this
position may be required to initially support an alternate site
(domestic or internationally) while going through the security
clearance process before ultimately relocating to San Antonio,
Texas as a condition of employment.
- Performs close tolerance drilling, reaming, removal, and
installation to critical support structures and fracture critical
- Locates blind holes necessary for installation of new
structural items to existing structure.
- Performs efforts associated with sealing, painting, shimming,
and preserving structure in accordance with standard repair
- Demonstrates the capability to read and interpret engineering
drawings, technical orders, process specification, and retrofit
requirements to perform structural modification/repair.
- Uses tooling assemblies and fixtures for depot level
modification and repair of structural parts.
- Applies professional technical expertise and guidance to solve
complex problems by interpreting technical data such as blueprints
or manufactures' manuals.
- Uses knowledge of aircraft mechanical component
troubleshooting/repair procedures and replacement of components, a
thorough knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modification
and repair and the ability to determine functionality of
non-complex electrical systems.
- Uses aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque
wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, cable tensiometers, sheet
metal brakes and sheers, etc. is required.
- Provides guidance and technical expertise to lower level
technicians throughout all aircraft modifications and/or
- Operates a forklift, mobile crane, and riding type electric
powered elevating equipment to accomplish work assignment.
- Maintains necessary certifications, licenses and permits as
required for assigned work.
- Ascends and descends vertical work ladders, work in confined
spaces, and lift loads of approximately 35 pounds.
- Works various shifts and/or an alternate baseline schedule that
may frequently change to support mission requirements and may
include weekends and holidays. Mission requirements and/or workload
may require both scheduled and unscheduled overtime.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading
manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and
security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled
scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and
you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and
for the world.
This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) US Security
Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Minimum 7 years of experience in structures
- Experience in working with schematics, specifications, assembly
drawings and standard operating procedures
- Proficient in computer skills including but not limited to:
aircraft related systems and basic office software
- Capable of working variable shifts
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Current US security clearance at the Secret level or higher;
Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) is ideal
- Experience with VIP, business jets, or specialty aircraft
interiors installations within the last ten years
- FAA certification in Airframe and/or Power Plant
- Clearly state specific aircraft platform experience on your
TYPICAL EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma or General
Education Diploma (GED) and typically (7) or more years related
experience or an equivalent combination of education and
experience.Yes, 10 % of the Time
Engineering Mods & Maintenance
United States; The Boeing Company
Keywords: Boeing, San Antonio , Aircraft Mechanic III - Structures, Engineering , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!