Director, Business Risk and Controls - Bank Third Party Risk Management
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Purpose of JobOversees a team responsible for the development,
implementation and oversight of programs that support effective
risk and compliance management in the first line of defense.
Supports business leader adherence to the established risk
framework and ongoing supervision of business controls and is
accountable for the development and mentoring of a high performing
team responsible for risk and control self-assessments, identifying
control failures, facilitating risk and compliance remediation,
internal and external audits and regulatory exams, and monitoring
the of first line of defense in an effort to minimize risk
exposures and strengthen the overall control environment.Job
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
- Directs staff and initiatives that support risk and control
management programs, to include governance support, risk oversight,
risk infrastructure development, risk identification,
quantification, aggregation, and emerging risks.
- Advises senior management and influences process change.
- Builds and manages a high performing team of risk and internal
control professionals through recruitment, training, coaching,
performance management and related managerial activities.
- Manages consulting relationships with internal and external
clients regarding budget and implementation deliverables and risk
mitigation plans as appropriate.
- Partners with key stakeholders in the business and oversees the
identification, assessment and documentation of risks and controls,
including risks associated with new or modified products, services,
distribution channels, regulations and/or third-party
- Reviews, communicates and recommends the development of
governance policies and procedures in partnership with senior
leaders to ensure appropriateness and adequacy versus industry best
practices and regulatory requirements.
- Provides counsel to business unit managers on risk management
issues and supports the evaluation of new product strategies on
their impact to USAA's risk profile.
- Educates risk owners on risk/control best practices and may
work with other lines of defense in the development and
implementation of controls.
- Manages processes for collecting accurate and complete internal
loss data from business areas.
- Directs analysis and data mining initiatives that identify,
validate, and manage emerging risk exposures, as necessary.
- Assists in the early identification of risk trends by
establishing and monitoring key performance and risk
- Oversees the preparation of key reports and communications and
may present to governance committees, senior leaders, regulatory
bodies and the USAA Board of Directors.Minimum Requirements
- 8 years of experience supporting risk and/or compliance related
activities in a financial services operating environment or other
relevant industry OR 8 years of experience in a relevant
quantitative discipline OR advanced degree or designation in a risk
management or quantitative discipline, and 6 years of experience
supporting risk and/or compliance related activities OR PhD in a
risk management or quantitative discipline, and 4 years of
experience supporting risk and/or compliance related
- Bachelor's Degree OR 4 additional years of related experience
beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
(12 years total experience required without a degree).
- 3 years of direct team lead or people management
experience.*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job
level*When you apply for this position, you will be required to
answer some initial questions. - This will take approximately 5
minutes. - Once you begin the questions you will not be able to
finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your
- Large Bank Third Party Risk Management experience and in depth
knowledge of third-party lifecycle associated with regulatory
- Certified Regulatory Vendor Program Manager (CRVPM) and/or Risk
Management Certification (CRCM, CIA or other risk/compliance
- MBA or advanced degree
- Experience interacting with management, internal audit,
regulatory agencies, and business partners to ensure appropriate
execution of regulatory requests and audit exams
- Strong risk management experience, including: performing
assessments and audits, designing controls, managing enterprise
control frameworks, and prioritizing risk
- Experience creating new processes including strategy,
procedures, and training to support the process.The above
description reflects the details considered necessary to describe
the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a
detailed description of all the work requirements that may be
performed in the job.At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best
benefits package in the business, including a flexible business
casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental
and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs.
- Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education
will assist you with your professional goals.Relocation assistance
is not available for this position.For Internal Candidates:Must
complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date
of placement), or must have manager's approval prior to
posting.Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is
2/19/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Director, Business Risk and Controls - Bank Third Party Risk Management, Executive , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!