Director, Audit - IT/Infrastructure
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Director, Audit -
IT/Infrastructure for our San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX, Tampa, FL, or
Phoenix, AZ facilities.
Purpose of the Job
Job Description Summary
Manages the planning, execution and oversight of the consolidated
annual audit plan including risk-based assurance and advisory
engagements driving quality of audit work for a designated staff
agency or line of business/functional area. Responsible for
building teams with the requisite knowledge and skillsets necessary
to execute the audit plan, employee retention and overall team
development. Ensures fiscally responsible expense management.
Provides independent oversight and thought leadership for audit
disciplines ensuring that audit plans, frameworks, standards, and
processes provide appropriate risk coverage. Develops and maintains
effective working relationships with key stakeholders across the
enterprise to ensure audit objectives are effectively met and
contribute to the overall mission of USAA. Adheres to the Institute
of Internal Auditors' International Standards for the Professional
Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards) and Code of Ethics.
Maintains knowledge of financial services regulations and
effectively responds and interacts with regulators.Job
- Accountable for timely delivery and quality execution of audit
plan/reports and issue validation, driving continuous monitoring
activities, and ensuring appropriate risks are covered.
- Accountable for quality and providing technical engagement
oversight, and approval of engagement risk assessment and audit
- Responsible for updating the audit universe risk assessment and
audit plan as needed.
- Addresses issues escalated by team members, manages conflict
and gains appropriate resolution of complex issues with
stakeholders across the enterprise.
- Escalates any suspected fraudulent activities and advises
senior leadership as appropriate.
- Responsible for escalating systemic and/or pervasive
- Coordinates with other Audit leaders on quality, resources, and
coverage. - Drives linkages and information sharing across the
- Communicates effectively with regulators and key stakeholders
across the enterprise to ensure audit objectives are effectively
met and contribute to the overall mission of USAA.
- Responsible for building diverse teams with the requisite
knowledge and skillsets necessary to execute the audit plan,
employee retention and overall team development.
- Directly manages, selects, and develops staff responsible for
conducting audit plans for a line of business or staff agency, to
include preparing and providing performance evaluations, coaching,
recognition, and performance management. Directs team in ongoing
management reporting routines. -
- Leads the implementation and monitoring of audit process and
performance standards; identifies and recommends internal audit
- Provides key information to audit executives and participates
in the validation of the annual plan to ensure appropriate
- Bachelor's degree in Business other relevant field OR four
additional years of related experience beyond minimum required may
be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Eight or more years of progressive audit or related business
experience with in depth experience in managing or overseeing
complex audits OR relevant Master's Degree with 6 or more years of
- Three or more years of direct team lead or management
- Subject-matter-expert with broad and comprehensive experience
in audit techniques, assessing internal controls, and business/
information technology risks.PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS
- Hands on IT or audit experience in multiple facets of IT
infrastructure, including but not limited to Data Center
Management, Configuration management, patch and vulnerability
management, IT asset management.
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment, and
reviewing work product with external regulators
- Ability to develop innovative audit strategies and
- *Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job
level*When you apply for this position, you will be required to
answer some initial questions. - This will take approximately 5
minutes. - Once you begin the questions you will not be able to
finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your
responses.The above description reflects the details considered
necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should
not be construed as a detailed description of all the work
requirements that may be performed in the job.At USAA our employees
enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including
a flexible business casual or casual dress environment,
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness
and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path
planning and continuing education will assist you with your
professional goals.USAA also offers a variety of on-site services
and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life,
including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness
centers.Relocation assistance is available for this position.For
Internal Candidates: Must complete 12 months in current position
(from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager's
approval prior to posting.Last day for internal candidates to apply
to the opening is 2/12/2020 by 11:59 pm CST time
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Director, Audit - IT/Infrastructure, Executive , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!