Third Party Relationship Manager Senior
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Third Party
Relationship Manager Senior for one of the following locations: San
Antonio Home Office I, Tampa Campus, Remote/ Phoenix Campus,
Chesapeake, Colorado Springs Campus or Plano Legacy.
Enables USAA's third-party risk management/procurement strategies
and program pillars of managing risk, strengthening operational
efficiency, driving Enterprise value, and delivering exceptional
customer experience through effective relationship management of
multiple third-party relationships. Understands the relevant
operational risks and regulatory compliance requirements of the
business processes outsourced to the third party. Primary duties
are focused on Third-Party Risk Management Lifecycle Process
responsibilities for planning, risk assessment and due diligence,
contract negotiations, on-going monitoring, and termination.
Partners with the third-party risk management and procurement
operations, CoSA leadership, and various support partners to build
and enable business strategies, justify utilization, identify and
select providers and effectively monitor and manage compliance with
applicable policies and regulatory requirements, adherence to USAA
policy, standards, procedures, reporting requirements, service
level objectives, etc. This job resides in a line of business or a
staff agency (CoSA) and requires continuous engagement and
collaboration with other third-party roles as defined by the policy
(i.e., Category Managers) within the CoSA's operating
environment.Job RequirementsJob Tasks:
- Responsible for effective and compliant management of multiple
third-party relationships with moderate or high inherent risks that
can decrease or hinder the Enterprise's ability to execute on one
area of the mission, damage reputation, or impair financial
stability of the Enterprise such that capital strength or liquidity
is impacted. -
- Leverages extensive knowledge of industry laws and regulations
along with approved USAA third-party risk management and
procurement policies, standards, processes and controls, technology
and tools, etc. to identify, document, mitigate, and manage risks
while diligently monitoring third-party relationship compliance
with USAA and regulatory requirements. -
- Responsible for driving execution of required on-boarding
activities ensuring third-party providers have required access to
appropriate USAA systems, facilities, on-line resources, training,
etc., with support from Procurement, Information Security,
Compliance, etc. Ensures termination of relationships including
removal of system and physical access to USAA assets as well as
coordinating transition to in-house functional area or on-boarding
of an alternate third-party.
- Executes the Inherent Risk Questionnaire (IRQ) process to
assess risk profiles of third-parties and ensure effective
application of appropriate rigor to manage risks through the
duration of the relationship. -
- Identifies, monitors, and manages action plans to address risk
and performance issues/findings.
- Follow approved escalation processes to ensure timely issue
resolution and completion of action plans.
- Assists leadership in preparing responses to regulatory
inquiries involving assigned relationships.
- Partners with first-line of defense (i.e., Business Risk and
Control Advisors) and second-line of defense partners (i.e., Risk,
Compliance) to develop, implement and monitor operational controls
that enable effective management and deliver expected performance
from integrated business processes (end-to-end USAA and third-party
- Ensures contract documentation accurately reflects
products/services provided via assigned third-party relationships
and monitors third-party's ability to deliver against contractual
requirements and service level agreements.
- Supports the development of key performance indicators for the
- Monitors third-party relationships for Member complaints and
levels of Member satisfaction.
- Reconciles and ensures payment of third-party relationship
invoices, purchase orders and spend management.
- Fosters effective collaborative partnerships with third-party
suppliers and internal clients.
- Facilitates management routines and documents conversations
between USAA stakeholders and third-party relationships to gain
alignment of approach to compliance with new or changing logs and
regulations, strategic direction and road maps, risk appetite,
- Identifies Enterprise value through analysis of the strategic
objectives of sourcing a product/service to a third-party and
evaluating the alignment with broader CoSA and Enterprise
objectives; development of projections of future demand related to
third-party relationships based on expertise in business, industry,
and other trends.
- Serves as a coach to peers and team members and acts as a
resource for escalated issues.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
business activitiesMinimum Education:
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 additional years of related experience
beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a
degreeMinimum Work Experience:
- And 6 or more years of relevant supply chain management,
vendor/third-party risk management, or operations experience in
financial services, information technology, or related
- 2 or more years of experience with relevant regulatory
compliance, industry regulations and regulatory data sources such
as Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), Federal Reserve
Board, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), etc.
- Advanced knowledge of relevant business process(es) and
regulatory compliance requirements
- Advanced knowledge of supply chain management, budget controls,
and project management
- Experience analyzing and interpreting data
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to influence
solutions across all organizational levels
- Strong attention to detail in third-party relationship
management*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job
level*When you apply for this position, you will be required to
answer some initial questions. - This will take approximately 5
minutes. - Once you begin the questions you will not be able to
finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your
- Demonstrated prior TPRM (Third Party Risk Management), STM
(Supplier Technology Management), VRM (Vendor Relationship
Management), SDE (Service Delivery Evaluator), Supplier Management
or Contracting/Sourcing deep expertise.
- Strong experience in at least one of the following areas:
contracting, technology sourcing, technology risk and control,
management of external suppliers -or service provider/ outsourced
provider leadership. -
- Strong understanding of risk and compliance and
regulations/regulatory requirements as related to Information
Technology or Third Party Supplier Management.
- Demonstrated ability establishing partnerships to ensure
effective planning and collaboration on Third Party Risk Management
related matters and coordination between various risk functions
across the CAO and Enterprise areas.
- Experienced contributions assisting the quantifying and
communicating thru the use of Risk and Control framework, inherent
and residual risks and KRI/KPI's, the impact of Technology Third
Party Risk to multiple organizations and control partner groups. -
-The above description reflects the details considered necessary to
describe the principal functions of the job and should not be
construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be performed in the job.At USAA our employees enjoy one of
the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible
business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical,
dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building
programs. - Additionally, our career path planning and continuing
education will assist you with your professional goals..Relocation
assistance is not available for this position.For Internal
Candidates:Must complete 12 months in current position (from date
of hire or date of placement) or must have manager's approval prior
to posting.Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening
is 2/18/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Third Party Relationship Manager Senior, Executive , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!