Third-Party Relationship Management Lead with Preferred focus In Affil
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: May 22, 2020
Purpose of Job Enables USAA's third-party risk
management/procurement strategies and program pillars of managing
risk, strengthening operational efficiency, driving Enterprise
value, and delivering exceptional customer experience through
effective relationship management of multiple third-party
relationships. Understands the relevant operational risks and
regulatory compliance requirements of the business processes
outsourced to the third party. Primary duties are focused on
Third-Party Risk Management Lifecycle Process responsibilities for
planning, risk assessment and due diligence, contract negotiations,
on-going monitoring, and termination. Partners with the third-party
risk management and procurement operations, CoSA leadership, and
various support partners to build and enable business strategies,
justify utilization, identify and select providers and effectively
monitor and manage compliance with applicable policies and
regulatory requirements, adherence to USAA policy, standards,
procedures, reporting requirements, service level objectives, etc.
This job resides in a line of business or a staff agency (CoSA) and
requires continuous engagement and collaboration with other
third-party roles as defined by the policy (ie, Category Managers)
within the CoSA's operating environment. Job Requirements .This
position will be for a Third-Party Relationship Management Lead
with Preferred focus in Affiliates
- Responsible for effective and compliant management of multiple
third-party relationships high or critical inherent risk that could
cause the Enterprise to face significant risk if the Third Party
fails to meet expectations.
- Leverages extensive knowledge of industry laws and regulations
along with approved USAA third-party risk management and
procurement policies, standards, processes and controls, technology
and tools, etc. to identify, document, mitigate, and manage risks
while diligently monitoring third-party relationship compliance
with USAA and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for driving execution of required on-boarding
activities ensuring third-party providers have required access to
appropriate USAA systems, facilities, on-line resources, training,
etc., with support from Procurement, Information Security,
- Ensures termination of relationships including removal of
system and physical access to USAA assets as well as coordinating
transition to in-house functional area or on-boarding of an
- Executes the Inherent Risk Questionnaire (IRQ) process to
assess risk profiles of third parties and ensure effective
application of appropriate rigor to manage risks through the
duration of the relationship.
- Manages long and short-term third-party strategy and
relationships to support attainment of CoSA and Business
Relationship Owners objectives and goals.
- Interacts with senior leadership for purpose of developing and
implementing integrated and collaborative resource planning
- Partners with first-line of defense (ie, Business Risk and
Control Advisors) and second-line of defense partners (ie, Risk,
Compliance) to develop, implement and monitor operational controls
that enable effective management and deliver expected performance
from integrated business processes (end-to-end USAA and third-party
- Ensures contract documentation accurately reflects
products/services provided via assigned third-party relationships
and monitors third-party's ability to deliver against contractual
requirements and service level agreements.
- Supports the development of key performance indicators for the
- Monitors third-party relationships for Member complaints and
levels of Member satisfaction.
- Reconciles and ensures payment of third-party relationship
invoices, purchase orders and spend management.
- Influences effective collaborative partnerships with
third-party suppliers and internal clients.
- Leads management routines and documents conversations between
USAA stakeholders and third-party relationships to gain alignment
of approach to compliance with new or changing logs and
regulations, strategic direction and road maps, risk appetite,
- Drives Enterprise value through analysis of the strategic
objectives of sourcing a product/service to a third-party and
evaluating the alignment with broader CoSA and Enterprise
objectives; develop projections of future demand related to
third-party relationships based on expertise in business, industry,
and other trends.
- Provides thought leadership that will build and drive the
- Champions the broader functions within the organization by
demonstrating an understanding of the sourcing solutions business
model and works as an advocate in the Enterprise.
- Understands team dynamics and promotes the development of team
relationships. Serves as a mentor to others.
- Consults on metrics, tools, and processes to optimize sourcing
and supplier value and works collaboratively with business
partners/COEs to prioritize and drive implementation.Minimum
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 additional years of related experience
beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a
- And 8 or more years of relevant supply chain management,
vendor/third-party risk management, or operations experience in
financial services, information technology, or related
- 4 or more years of experience with relevant regulatory
compliance, industry regulations and regulatory data sources such
as Office of the Comptroller of the
- Currency (OCC), Federal Reserve Board, Consumer Financial
Protection Bureau (CFPB), etc.
- Subject -matter-expert knowledge of relevant business
process(es) and regulatory compliance requirements
- Subject-matter-expert knowledge of supply chain management
- Advanced knowledge of budget controls and project
- Experience analyzing and interpreting data
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to drive
solutions across all organizational levels
- Strong attention to detail in third-party relationship
- Strategic and operational planning experience*Qualifications
may warrant placement in a different job level*When you apply for
this position, you will be required to answer some initial
questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin
the questions you will not be able to finish them later and you
will not be able to change your responses.Preferred Experience:
- Extensive prior TPRM (Third Party Risk Management), VRM (Vendor
Relationship Management), SDE (Service Delivery Evaluator),
Supplier Management or Contracting/Sourcing deep expertise.
- Will perform in a consultative role for Providers and Consumers
for the end to end process for non-IT Affiliate Agreements -
- Collaborating with Enterprise Affiliate Services Program, Reg W
PMO, CoSA Third Party Governance, Global Sourcing & Procurement and
with Service Providers and Consumers for consultation on Affiliate
agreements, ASOW Service Descriptions, SLE and SLA advice and
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office Products including Excel
- Critical Thinking Skills and Knowledge of Data Analysis tools,
techniques and decision-making ability to include demonstrated
ability to effectively make data driven decisions.
- Proactively identifies potential concerns and follows up to
- Procurement Experience, to include contract analysis,
negotiations and experience in developing Service Level
- Prior experience in working with Regulators.
- Strong understanding in Financial Regulations, FFIEC, Reg W and
- Extensive experience in Affiliate Relationship programs and
- Financial Services Experience
- Program/Project Experience
- Prior experience working on Affiliate agreements, preferably in
Financial Services with a focus in Technology services. The above
description reflects the details considered necessary to describe
the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a
detailed description of all the work requirements that may be
performed in the job.At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best
benefits package in the business, including a flexible business
casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental
and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs.
Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education
will assist you with your professional goals.Relocation assistance
is available for this position.For Internal Candidates:Must
complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date
of placement), or must have manager's approval prior to
posting.Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is
5/28/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Third-Party Relationship Management Lead with Preferred focus In Affil, Executive , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!