Director, Program/Project Management
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: October 18, 2020
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Director,
Program/Project Management, for the San Antonio or Remote 100% Work
from Home locations.
Leads and motivates cross-functional teams to execute internal
non-IT Enterprise programs/ projects supporting strategic and
operational plans. Oversees and manages program priorities, budget,
and continuous planning cycle activities. Plans, directs, leads and
manages resources in optimizing cross-business integration of
program plans and supporting business processes to meet member
needs as defined in the program and/or project requirements.
Ensures execution of programs and/or projects are aligned and
integrated with corporate strategies, plans and initiativesJob
Requirements.About USAAUSAA knows what it means to serve. We
facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military
members and their families. This singular mission requires a
dedication to innovative thinking at every level.In each of the
past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to
Work For , and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military
Friendly Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran
workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply. (17
seconds) (31 seconds)
- Manages and coordinates operational planning efforts related to
cross-business integration of the program plans and/or
- Consults with senior and executive management and serves as a
liaison to internal and external partners on department and
- Facilitates strategic and operational planning and
implementation processes to assure that management is knowledgeable
of process, goals, objectives and strategies.
- Monitors, coordinates, documents, and communicates progress
toward achievement of business goals, objectives, strategies and
action plan results.
- Provides advice and guidance, and negotiates approval of
communication materials with executive management and
- Ensures communications meet established standards of appearance
and content and that all logistical requirements are
- Supports and advises management through research and analysis
of internal/external business data including industry best
practices and competitive information.
- Applies expert knowledge of project/program management to
ensure efforts meet defined objectives, follow a structured
timeline and are delivered on-schedule and within budget, including
dashboard monitoring, metrics synthesis and quality assurance
- Assists with the establishment and oversight of vendor
- Assists with developing strategies and programs to ensure a
high level of vendor efficiency.
- Offers insight to the Executive Management Group in regard to
vendor performance, reports results, and identifies opportunities
for improved performance.
- Monitors the program and/or project deliverables and assists
with early warning detection, problem triage, solution development
- Manages a highly matrixed environment and builds and maintains
relationships with senior level executives.
- Manages personnel and associated hiring, career planning,
counseling, performance appraisals, disciplinary actions, and
resolution of personnel issues and provides professional/technical
coaching and guidance to the team.Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree required (OR 4 additional years of related
experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu
of a degree.)
- 8 or more years relevant experience in project or program
- 3 or more years leadership or management experience in a
- Demonstrated experience influencing business
decisions.*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job
level*When you apply for this position, you will be required to
answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5
minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to
finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your
- Demonstrated regulatory action plan management experience.
- Financial Services industry experience.
- Knowledge of HR processes, risk/compliance management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- PHR/SPHR Certification.
- PMP, Agile and/or Lean Six Sigma experience and/or
certification.The above description reflects the details considered
necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should
not be construed as a detailed description of all the work
requirements that may be performed in the job.At USAA our employees
enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a
flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive
medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth
building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and
continuing education will assist you with your professional
goals.USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and
conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life,
including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness
centers.Relocation assistance is not available for this
position.For Internal Candidates:Must complete 12 months in current
position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have
manager s approval prior to posting.Last day for internal
candidates to apply to the opening is 10/19/20 by 11:59 pm CST
time. Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage,
manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager,
relationship manager, task
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Director, Program/Project Management, Executive , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!