Director Transformation Engagement
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: November 22, 2020
Purpose of JobCommunity: Enterprise Transformation
Jobs that are part of a community have unique requirements
established to maintain consistent application, usage and reporting
structure. Please reach out to your HR Business Partner for
additional information on specific requirements prior to posting
and/or employee placement into this job.
The Director, Transformation Engagement will shape the overarching
strategy that keeps the organization constantly moving towards
realization of Agility and achieving broader company objectives. As
an influential leader, this person will motivate all levels of
stakeholders through consistent communication and tactical support
across the organization. This leader will ensure that Agile is
embedded throughout the COSA operations and help leaders be
effective in complex, uncertain and rapidly changing
environment.Job RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA knows what it means to
serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S.
military members and their families. This singular mission requires
a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.In each of the
past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to
Work For--, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military
Friendly-- Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran
workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply. (17
seconds) (31 seconds)
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
- Shapes and matures the transformation team operating model to
enable the delivery of advanced practitioners of Agile.
- Partners with Business Agility to ensure CoSA compliance with
Enterprise Standards for Agile practices
- Leads and drives business transformation strategies using
Agile, Lean and Design Thinking methodologies and influence across
operations, helping leaders at the top understand their role and
how to lead change
- Crafts a holistic strategy for driving adoption, from the
introduction and employee education, to building communities of
practice, to sustaining the methodologies and continually offering
strategies for improvement. Mentors leaders on how they grow the
skills and competencies to help their organization embrace the
- Educates and develops through strong partnerships with
stakeholders, business and IT team members, and vendor support team
to promote the value of the transformation team and overall
- Partners with Strategy, Change, Culture and key initiative
leaders to align and connect messaging to enable agility and
delivery of value to members, employees and USAA.
- Educates and develops employees at all levels, including
senior, and at times clients & partners, on Agile, Lean and Design
Thinking principles, including providing them with tools for
implementing the process in their own work.
- Facilitates executives in creative problem solving via design
thinking and other collaborative problem-solving processes.
- Handles complex situations and multiple responsibilities
simultaneously, mixing long-term strategy with the urgency of
- Manages the coaching and change backlogs.Minimum Education:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum
required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.Minimum Experience:
- 8+ years of experience driving adoption of change to include 2+
years leading large scale transformations and coaching experience
within an Agile or similar change framework.
- 6+ years of experience as an Agile Coach or working in a
similar role in a lean or scrum environment and 2+ years experience
with Lean Portfolio Management.
- 4+ years consulting experience to include engagement management
- 3+ years direct team leadership or management experience with
demonstrated people development.
- Demonstrated ability to influence change at the C level and
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal
skills, ability to communicate with and present to a variety of
audiences including Senior Management.*Qualifications may warrant
placement in a different job level*When you apply for this
position, you will be required to answer some initial questions.
This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the
questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and
you will not able to change your responses.Preferred Experience:
- Prior experience working with Financial Institutions, Financial
Services or other regulated industries.
- Prior experience as a Bank leader for Agile Transformation.The
above description reflects the details considered necessary to
describe the principal functions of the job and should not be
construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be performed in the job.At USAA our employees enjoy one of
the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible
business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical,
dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building
programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing
education will assist you with your professional goals.USAA also
offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you
manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two
company stores and three fitness centers.Relocation assistance is
not available for this position.For Internal Candidates:Must
complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date
of placement), or must have manager's approval prior to
posting.Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is
10/08/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Director Transformation Engagement, Executive , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!