Director, Real Estate Lending Operational Governance
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: November 22, 2020
Purpose of JobResponsible for implementing, maintaining and
overseeing a comprehensive operational governance program across
assigned areas of responsibility within Real Estate. Program
coverage includes all applicable risk categories (i.e. Operational,
Compliance, Legal, Reputations, etc.), as outlined by USAA's Risk
Taxonomy and must align with Enterprise and Bank Standards and
Policies. Responsible for leading a team of highly skilled
professionals who execute risk management activities and support
key BCC initiatives such as: risk assessments, quality assurance
reviews, regulatory compliance reporting, issue and exam
management, remediations and oversight activities.Job
RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA knows what it means to serve. We
facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military
members and their families. This singular mission requires a
dedication to innovative thinking at every level.In each of the
past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to
Work For--, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military
Friendly-- Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran
workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply. (17
seconds) (31 seconds)
- Identify and manage existing and emerging risks that stem from
business activities and the job role.
- Ensure risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follow written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
- Builds and oversees a team of employees for assigned functional
area through ongoing execution of recruiting, development,
retention, coaching and support, performance management, and
- Determines the effectiveness of Real Estate's risk and
compliance programs through risk assessments and testing to
maintain full compliance in a changing regulatory environment.
- Evaluates business process changes and advises management of
impact to regulatory and operational risk.
- Recommends action plans for Bank initiatives that have risk and
regulatory impact related to Real Estate, including third party and
- Coordinates and works effectively with all lines of
- Stays abreast of risk and regulatory compliance changes that
impact internal and external business initiatives.
- Works with stakeholders to manage internal audits and
assessments and regulatory examinations.
- Accountable for identifying, managing, and communicating USAA's
issues management standards.Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum
required may be substituted in lieu of a Degree.
- 8 years of in-depth experience in either Real Estate or 8 years
risk management or compliance within financial services.
- 3 years of direct team lead or management experience.
- 4 years of experience overseeing or delivering work product in
a highly regulatory and controlled environment.
- Proficient knowledge of Bank regulatory laws such as Reg Z,
UDAAP, Fair Lending, etc.
- Experience providing feedback to matrix leaders regarding work
product results and improvements.*Qualifications may warrant
placement in a different job level*When you apply for this
position, you will be required to answer some initial questions.
This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the
questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and
you will not able to change your responses.Preferred
- 6 years of direct team lead or management experience.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Reporting deliverables and project status to C-Suite
experience.The above description reflects the details considered
necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should
not be construed as a detailed description of all the work
requirements that may be performed in the job.At USAA our employees
enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a
flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive
medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth
building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and
continuing education will assist you with your professional
goals.USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and
conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life,
including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness
centers.Relocation assistance is not available for this
position.For Internal Candidates:Must complete 12 months in current
position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have
manager's approval prior to posting.Last day for internal
candidates to apply to the opening is 11/10/20 by 11:59 pm CST
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Director, Real Estate Lending Operational Governance, Executive , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!