Program/Project Management Lead (P&C Digital)
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: November 22, 2020
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented
Program/Project Manager Lead (P&C Digital) for the San Antonio
PLEASE READ: For related project experience to be considered
outside of a Program/Project Management title, please include a
project list of all program/project management experience. The
project list should include project summary, role, project
timeframe, and percentage of time dedicated to the project (i.e.
March 2018 - May 2019, 50% of time). Failure to provide this
documentation may result in disqualification.
Facilitates and leads the execution and delivery of moderately to
highly complex non-IT work efforts intended to accomplish business
goals and objectives within prescribed timeframes and budgets.
Demonstrates an expert understanding of how activities contribute
to the achievement of strategic business goals and operational
objectives. Collaborates with key stakeholders, vendors and
project/program teams to identify mutually beneficial outcomes for
competing priorities and negotiate timelines to ensure objectives
are met.Job RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA knows what it means to
serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S.
military members and their families. This singular mission requires
a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.In each of the
past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to
Work For--, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military
Friendly-- Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran
workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply. (17
seconds) (31 seconds)Tasks:
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role. Ensures risks associated
with business activities are effectively identified, measured,
monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
- Drives implementation of moderately to highly complex work
typically requiring confidentiality and enterprise-level visibility
to achieve strategic business goals and operational
- Works closely with cross-functional teams and resources to
achieve program and milestones within established timeframes.
- Manages risk by using established risk management practices to
address execution challenges associated with quality, schedule and
costs, in adherence with risk management framework.
- Accountable for planning, directing and coordinating activities
for moderately complex and work efforts to accomplish goals and
objectives within a specified timeframe, scope and budget.
- Ensures consistent visibility for teams by monitoring and
reporting business objectives, work efforts achievements, and key
- Communicates with work efforts stakeholders and
executive/senior management and provides insight on issues through
root cause analyses.
- Facilitates collaboration on creative alternatives to project
challenges with subject matter experts.
- Removes obstacles and impediments to ensure business and
operational objectives are met.
- Develops, tracks and oversees project budgets that may include
necessary capital expenditures, operational expenses, and labor
- Manages ambiguity and consistently seeks to drive clarity
amongst project stakeholders.
- Ensures compliance with company and regulatory policies and
- Defines the control and the overall delivery of the work
efforts to meet the goals, objectives and success criteria.
- Establishes overall cadence for communication with impacted
stakeholders and provides framework for underlying work efforts(s)
- Identifies and determines interdependencies of work within a
- Participates in work effort closure activities to determine
benefit / business impact realization to include retrospective
- Proactively manages risk by using work efforts management
practices to address execution challenges associated with quality,
schedule and cost and supports escalation to resolve.
- Adheres to EPMO processes, procedures, controls, standards,
tools and templates (as required).
- Drives adoption and challenges standards. Leads subject matter
- Bachelor's Degree OR 4 additional years of related experience
beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a
- 8 years of relevant experience in project or program
management, including planning, tracking and delivery.
- Expert knowledge of project management tools and
- Experience on project and program management and execution
experience delivering complex work efforts working with recognized
program and/or project methodologies (i.e. Waterfall and
- Collaboration skills in a matrixed environment including
providing consultative guidance to help solve enterprise level
- Extensive experience leading complex projects with significant
number of deliverables including information technology and
dependencies across organization; working within defined scope and
budgets with aggressive timelines.
- Extensive understanding of risk management policies and
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*When
you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some
initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you
begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later
time and you will not be able to change your responses.Preferred
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP).
- SAFe Agilist Certification.
- 10+ years of experience working with IT.The above description
reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal
functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed
description of all the work requirements that may be performed in
the job.At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits
packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or
casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision
plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs.
Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education
will assist you with your professional goals.USAA also offers a
variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage
your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two
company stores and three fitness centers.Relocation assistance is
not available for this position.For Internal Candidates:Must
complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date
of placement) or must have manager's approval prior to posting.Last
day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 11/11/20 by
11:59 pm CST time.
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Program/Project Management Lead (P&C Digital), Executive , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!