Assistant Sports Information Director
Company: Trinity University
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: February 22, 2021
This position will be responsible for assisting with varying
duties within sports information at Trinity University, including,
but not limited to, writing press releases and game stories,
editing videos for social media and the website, updating the
website, keeping statistics at games, managing student workers, and
creating content through photography and videography as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:-- Essential duties, as defined under
the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the
following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. This is not
a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by
incumbents of this class; employees may be assigned duties which
are not listed below; reasonable accommodations may be made as
required. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of
knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. The job description does not
constitute an employment agreement and is subject to change at any
time by the employer. Essential duties and responsibilities may
include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assists with all aspects of game day management, to include
scoreboard operator, Public Address announcer, stats keeper,
- Assists with content creation and posting to Athletic social
- Assists with Athletic graphic design, photo editing and
storage, and videography.
- Assists with updating and maintaining trinitytigers.com
- Assists with Athletic news releases, feature stories, and
- Communicate Athletic schedules to necessary parties within the
- Assist with special events and promotions such as Alumni
Weekend, Hall of Fame Ceremony, etc.
- Assist SID with record keeping
- Assist with communicating Athletic program needs with SID and
Strategic Marketing and Communications office. ADDITIONAL DUTIES:
- Cooperates and collaborates with other employees in the spirit
of teamwork and collegiality and interact with confidence, patience
and integrity to provide professional leadership during
- Complies with all Trinity University policies and
- Performs other duties as required. Experience:-- Required:
- 6 months to 12 months.
- Experience in collegiate sports information department.
- Experience with Stat Crew and/or NCAA Live Stats.
- Experience with video and photo editing. Preferred:
- 1 year to 3 years Skills:-- Required:
- Basic understanding of Trinity's intercollegiate sports
- Understanding data storage and archival.
- Basic understanding of website maintenance COMPUTER SOFTWARE
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft Excel
- Google Suite/Drive
- NCAA Live Stats EQUIPMENT
- Video Camera
- External Hard Drives
- Cell Phone Education Requirements:-- Required:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university.
- Master's degree or equivalent four-year college or university.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:--
- Lifting/carrying up to 25 pounds ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
- General office environment
- Wet or humid conditions
- Extreme cold
- Extreme heat
- Rick of electrical shock
- Low light
- Works in very loud noise ATTENDANCE STANDARD
- Maintaining and satisfying minimum attendance requirements are
an essential requirement of this position, including working all
full- time regular hours as established by the supervisor in
addition to any scheduled or emergency overtime. Nights and
weekends in addition to regular office hours. Trinity University
will post non-exempt staff positions for 5 business days and exempt
staff positions for 10 business days. Faculty positions will remain
open until filled. However, postings may be extended if a
sufficient number of qualified applications has not been received.
Trinity University also reserves the right to close the posting if
a qualified applicant pool has been received.
-- Trinity University is an equal opportunity employer and as such
provides equal opportunity for employment and advancement of all
employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age,
national origin, disability, military/veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any status
protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws. Read Policy
-- Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability and Veteran
Keywords: Trinity University, San Antonio , Assistant Sports Information Director, Executive , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!