Director, Bank Operations-SCRA (Remote Work Available)
Company: United Services Automobile Association
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: February 23, 2021
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very
important to us. Due to the current situation related to the
Coronavirus (COVID-19), we're leveraging our digital capabilities
to ensure we can continue to connect to top talent. Click here to
learn more. Welcome to a Banking career
where you make a difference every day. Service Loyalty Honesty
Integrity Director, Bank Operations-SCRA (Remote Work
- Diversity and inclusion - We work together to create an
environment that welcomes diverse perspectives and talent.
- Corporate responsibility - Our corporate responsibility
programs share a common purpose of giving back to the military
- Balance and wellness - Our benefits help you live your life to
the fullest while balancing work and personal goals.
- Educational opportunities - We foster a culture of learning,
inspiring you to further develop your skill set and education.
Director, Bank Operations-SCRA (Remote Work Available) Location San
Antonio, Texas Job ID R0055880 Purpose of JobWe are currently
seeking a talented Director, Bank Operations-SCRA for the San
Antonio Home Office II/III or 100% Remote Work Location
Directly manages resources and operations for a designated process
or program within Bank Operations including but not limited to
Disputes, Credit Cards, Deposits, and/or Underwriting for the
attainment of business goals and objectives. Fosters collaboration
and leads employees and teams to achieve a shared member service
vision. Proactively identifies and leads improvements to products,
processes and delivery of service. Organizes and leads the
execution of operational and strategic business plans.Job
Requirements About USAA USAA knows what it means to serve. We
facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military
members and their families. This singular mission requires a
dedication to innovative thinking at every level. In each of the
past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to
Work For--, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military
Friendly-- Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran
workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses--to apply.
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds) USAA Careers -
World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Identify and manage existing and emerging risks that stem from
business activities and the job role.
- Ensure risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follow written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
- Directs retail banking department resources across all units to
achieve service and relationship goals. Includes leading internal
employees, contractors and managing third party vendor
- Maintains knowledge of relevant Banking regulatory environment
to ensure compliance across areas of responsibility. Manages risk
issues and provides strategies for mitigation to minimize business
- Identifies, develops, and recommends improvements to bank
products, processes and service delivery performance
goals/objectives across all channels that provide efficient
operations, increase productivity and align to functional
- Monitors and analyzes production of retail bank products,
retail bank process efficiencies and bank member interface systems
to maintain effectiveness and develop strategies for improvement,
growth and increased member satisfaction.
- Develops and executes business plans, budgets, and forecasts
based upon enterprise and Bank operational plan and vision.
- Leads functional projects, programs, and initiatives for retail
banking products and improvements on end to end processes which may
include fraud, risk and compliance. Communicates project plans and
organizes and champions related changes by eliminating roadblocks
to successful implementation.
- Ensures that retail bank product operations are efficient in
terms of resources and effective in terms of meeting member,
organizational, fraud, compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Builds and manages a team of people leaders and professionals
by recruiting, training, coaching, and developing and managing
performance. Minimum Education:
- Bachelor's Degree OR 4 additional years of related experience
beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a Degree.
- 8 years of related experience in bank operations to include end
to end processes for retail banking products such as credit,
consumer loans, payments and settlements.
- 3 or more years of direct team lead or management
- Extensive experience in end to end process such as credit, loan
booking, payments, settlements, and other banking processes.
- Extensive experience Banking regulations such as Bank Secrecy
Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering, Bank Information Security
Program, Reg E, Reg CC and Reg D.
- Experience developing and executing business plans, budgets,
and forecasts in a highly regulated environment.Preferred
- 4+ years of experience in a financial services business
directly supporting military benefits operations
- 2+ years of experience leading a military benefits operations
- Expert working knowledge of SCRA, MLA, and State military
- Experience working with regulatory agencies
- Strong working knowledge of credit card and consumer lending
- Proven proactive problem-solver, identifying efficiencies,
problem areas, or potential improvements supporting key business
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability
to present to all levels of management
- Strong ability to work independently, while building and
maintaining cross functional relationships
- A self-starter who easily identifies gaps and process
improvements, effectively escalating and making the tough calls
when neededThe above description reflects the details considered
necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should
not be construed as a detailed description of all the work
requirements that may be performed in the job.At USAA our employees
enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a
flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive
medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth
building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and
continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to
help you manage your work and personal life, including seven
cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is notavailable for this position. Get
personalized job alerts by completing the fields below, adding your
selections and then clicking "Sign Up." Email Address Interested In
Category Location USAA is an equal opportunity and affirmative
action employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran status or any
other legally protected characteristic. If you'd like more
information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law,
click here for English / Spanish . For USAA's Affirmative Action
and EEO statement, please click here . Furthermore, USAA makes
hiring decisions compliant with the Fair Chance Initiative for
Hiring Ordinance (LAMC 189.00). USAA provides equal opportunity to
qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If
you need a reasonable accommodation, please email
HumanResources@usaa.com or call 1-800-210-USAA and select option 3
Keywords: United Services Automobile Association, San Antonio , Director, Bank Operations-SCRA (Remote Work Available), Executive , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!