Information Management Analyst Lead (Remote Work Location Available)
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Purpose of Job
Information Management Analyst Lead (Remote Work Location
Bank Information Risk Services is looking for an IMA Lead position
to work with Business and IT to ensure new technology and
applications are implemented with sound Data Management practices
enabled. This person will be acting as an advisor and performer as
Manages and analyzes information using a variety of techniques and
tools in alignment with USAA's Enterprise Information Standards.
This role may be responsible for one or more information management
functions noted below:
Metadata includes defining and documenting data ensuring the
information is understood. This may include working with project
teams or support teams to define, redefine, or continue maintenance
of the metadata.
Data Quality includes defining data quality rules ensuring data is
measured and trusted. This may include working with project teams
to define data quality requirements as well as ensuring ongoing
assessments of data quality.
Information Lifecycle Management includes archiving and purging of
data to meet the needs of the business while reducing corporate
Data Security and Privacy includes managing the security of data
access as well as privacy of data sharing in compliance with
external regulations and internal policies. This may include
working with other departments to ensure compliance to GLBA, FCRA,
PCI DSS, etc.
Master Data and Reference Data includes managing key corporate data
to ensure the organization can manage its operations with accurate
and consistent information.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level.
We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and
veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers - World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
* As part of 1st line of defense, responsibilities include:
Identify and manage existing and emerging risks that stem from
business activities and the job role.
* Ensure risks associated with business activities are effectively
identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
* Follow written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
* Leverages expert data management knowledge in support of one or
many of the information management practices.
* This person may be acting in a steward capacity or considered a
support role with expertise for the information steward as
* Identify and implement process improvements.
Lead discussions with cross-functional teams on complex problems.
Align best practices and tools based on business needs.
* Influence or assist with prioritization of work based on
criticality and risk.
* Influence others across business areas and levels to implement
and enhance information solutions.
* Responsible for the maintenance and validity of Information Asset
* Champion and support delivery of information in accordance with
Information Governance standards and data management practices.
* Lead the integration of Information Management practices into
existing processes including ability to incorporate data management
practices into new and emerging information technologies or complex
* Improve metadata to add increasing value to the organization.
* Lead the identification of and resolution of complex metadata
concerns or issues.
* Lead Data Lineage collection and stitching to ensure complete end
to end data flow of critical data.
* Development of data quality rules, thresholds, and standard
metrics of quality for data elements that support critical business
processes in complex situations.
* Development of controls to mitigate data quality risks including
data quality plan development and overseeing the implementation of
data quality controls.
* Define and oversee high risk data quality corrective action
* Oversee compliance assessment process by reviewing and
documenting failures from data quality compliance assessment
* Analysis of Root Causes to identify existing or merging risks.
Identify opportunities to strengthen controls and reduce residual
data quality risks.
* Influence others to implement and improve data quality
* Develop Master and Reference Data processes and procedures to
align with Enterprise Policies and Standards.
* Ensure quality and maintenance of master and reference data.
* Develop of archiving and purging strategies and processes for
complex situations (Data Warehouses; Data Lakes; etc.).
* Partner with IT and Legal to ensure archiving and purging
activities of data is in compliance with legal requirements.
* Oversee compliance assessment process by identifying and
escalating items that may be a risk to the corporation.
* Partner with IT and other Information Management resources to
define and implement complex Access Management strategies in
alignment with Information Governance policies.
* Lead Privacy initiatives through classification and analysis of
* Ensure compliance and remediation of sensitive data to ensure
proper mitigation of inherent risk.
* Bachelor's Degree in Business or Science discipline or 4
additional years of relevant data and analytics or technical
experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree in addition to
the minimum years of work experience.
* 8 years of experience in an information management practice,
business application function, or data delivery; OR if Advanced
degree in a Business or Science discipline, 6 years of experience
in data and analytics, technical, or business relevant
* Demonstrated expertise to develop and implement of Strategies or
Processes related to Information Management in complex
* Proven experience leading projects or programs in which you
applied data management practices and tools to address data
management risks and concerns during data lifecycle.
* Advanced SQL knowledge including SQL-based languages.
* Demonstrates the ability to lead efforts of analysis and
resolution of problems or issues; identifies when and how to
escalate problems to the appropriate level.
* Experience in synthesizing key information/data and research in
order to recommend information management initiatives that meet
* Experience leading project teams or support teams to define,
redefine, or continue management of data.
* Experience working in Agile Methodology.
* Demonstrated expert communication skills with the ability to
deliver presentations to all levels of management including concise
presentation of complex technical details.
* Indirect leadership of others to deliver results.
* Demonstrated information management expertise including
experience coaching and mentoring others on information management
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer
some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes.
Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at
a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
* Experience meeting BCBS 239 requirements.
* Experience ensuring proper Data Management in Cloud applications
* Knowledge and experience with data governance and management of
streaming data and events.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and
establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid
within the salary range based on your experience and market
position. The salary range for this position is: $97,200 - $175,000
*(this does not include geographical differential, it may be
applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall
corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the
USAA Board of Directors.
* Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is
additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations
where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium will be addressed on an individual-basis for
applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their
physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
Please click on the link below for more details.
USAA Total Rewards
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or
date of placement), or must have manager's approval prior to
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 3/25/21
by 11:59 pm CST time.
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Information Management Analyst Lead (Remote Work Location Available), Executive , Atascosa, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!