Senior Product Manager, Client Billing (Remote)
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: January 16, 2022
FreshBooks Has a Big Vision
It turns out--- unicorns are real! In fact, FreshBooks just became
one after raising our valuation to more than $1 billion. And ever
since launching in 2003, we've been on a steady incline towards one
goal: Building easy-to-use accounting software for small business
owners. It's the goal that's driven us to expand into five offices,
serving customers in over 160 countries. And it's the goal we'd
love for you to be a part of as a member of our global team as we
continue our journey.
Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences
and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in
over 120 countries, with offices in the U.S., Netherlands and
As we continue on our mission to serve owners globally, you'll be
leading the vision and strategy for Client Billing, the tip of the
spear that will transform how our customers bill and get paid
quickly in the modern future.
Reporting to the Product Director of Client Billing and Payments,
you will work across teams and stakeholders and across the entire
product lifecycle - Taking ideas from inception, defining and
refining opportunities, working with Design and Engineering to
bring the idea to life, working with Sales and Marketing to launch,
and working with Support to learn and iterate.
If you're ready to take on a global challenge, bring solutions to
life that will impact millions of customers, and be part of a
positive change for business owners -- this job is for you!
Specifically in this position you will:
- Spend time with customers to develop a deep empathy for the
challenges of small businesses, and document, analyze, and
synthesize their needs into a compelling product vision
- Work hand in hand with a designer to explore, critique, and
test designs with real customers to translate customer insights
into simple, effective UX
- Be the leader of our product, and voice of the customer within
your scrum team, so everyone knows what they're building and
- Ensure the team's always working on the most important things,
knows what's next, and knows when they're done - this means
planning sprints, and writing user stories
- Make the thousands of critical decisions, and shoulder the
dirty work - reviewing legal contracts, copy, support issues, etc.
- that helps your team charge forward without stall
- Collaborate with partners in marketing, support, and beyond
(think C-Suite) to develop and deliver on our product life
- Understand the unit economics of our business, know which one
you're trying to impact, and how to know if you're successful
- Be responsible for your results and report out to partners and
execs on the engagement of products launched in-market
- Be the team's primary communicator and presenter, ensuring the
rest of the org, executives, and other stakeholders are made aware
of all major decisions and their implications
What you have:
- You're strategic; you have the ability to think "big picture"
and develop a compelling vision for your product
- You're customer-centric, able to develop a deep understanding
of the customer and their challenges
- You're a passionate leader and an excellent communicator, able
to communicate effectively with all layers of the organization
- You're driven by impact and business results. Able to translate
a customer problem into a market opportunity and a business
- You're technically savvy and comfortable working with a team of
developers to understand the challenges and trade offs that come
with building your product so that you are able to agree on the
- You're not a project manager, but you're not afraid to act like
one - be willing to roll up your sleeves to help your team get
- 6+ years experience in product management and a track record of
growing the business through a combination of product innovation
- Shown ability to develop compelling go-to-market strategies
across multiple channels, and measure your impact
- A history of bringing major features to market fast, and
iterating based on customer feedback (familiarity with "lean"
- Experience working with Consumer facing products
What we can promise you:
- A dedicated and talented product team that employs lean agile
practices to deliver game-changing experiences
- A team with deep industry expertise to help you hone your craft
in the ways of product management, business planning, and
- An incredible growth opportunity; you'll learn a lot about what
it takes to ship great software -- and you'll learn it from the
best people out there
- The opportunity to deliver product features that instantly get
used by millions of users around the world. We follow user-centered
design in everything we do, and you'll be spending your first month
on our support team (as all new FreshBookers do), just talking to
- An opportunity to contribute to an award-winning Product
Development team where data and research matter more than
What You'll Love About Working Here:
- Three-week onboarding that brings you up to speed on our brand,
product, and most importantly, our customers. It's an awesome
opportunity to dive in and understand what we're all about and
build your network within the company. Plus, there are prizes!
- Our ever-expanding global team cares about making accounting
incredibly easy for business owners around the world.
- Amazing growth and mentorship opportunities from a team with a
laser-focused mission of shipping extraordinary experiences.
- Collaborative remote or hybrid model with a global team
- A work/life balance you can brag to your friends about:
- Two weeks parental paid leave and paid leave top-up
- Health & dental coverage tailored to your local office
- Generous time off - including vacation, volunteer, and
- Health and Wellness credits
- Learning and development opportunities that are both in-house
- Retirement savings programs matched to your local office
- Stock options for all full-time employees
- And finally, we have fun at work...Want to start a chess team?
Awesome. Want to host a homemade-ice-cream-making Zoom night?
Whatever your passion is, bring it to FreshBooks, tell others about
it, and enjoy what you do every day.
Why Join Us:
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping
extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by
hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an
amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help
build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a
member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer that embraces the
differences in all of our employees. We celebrate diversity and are
committed to creating an inclusive environment for all
FreshBookers. All applicants are evaluated based on their
experience and qualifications in relation to this position.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment
process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this
on your application and we will work with you to meet your
accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required
documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please
contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or
Keywords: FreshBooks, San Antonio , Senior Product Manager, Client Billing (Remote), Executive , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!