Manager Senior, Information Technology
Location: La Coste
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Manager Senior,
Information Technology for our San Antonio, TX or Plano, TX
The leader selected for this position will lead Data Modernization
teams responsible for modernizing claims' current data and
analytics repository platforms and structures. This role will have
focus on claims domain and will be accountbale for down stream
application realignment to ensure appropriate usage of the data by
Business Intelligence and Data Insights teams. This role will
partner with other Directors and Sr Managers as part of the Data
Modernization journey while supporting front end (Claims
modernization to Guidewire Cloud solutions) .
Manages teams that are responsible for delivering and/or managing
one or more technical support activities. Authorizes and influences
the development and delivery of technical solutions that enable
optimal business performance. Accountable for technical leadership
in the plan, design, development, testing, implementation, or
maintenance of technical solutions. Leads and directs change
management, process improvement, and technical support initiatives.
Provides direction and analytical support and directs business plan
development to execute initiatives.Job RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA
knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security
of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This
outstanding mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at
every level.About USAA ITOur most meaningful qualification isn't
technical, it's human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a
screen. We stand behind our 12 million members who rely on us every
day.We are over 5,000 employees strong, a passionately supportive
and collaborative team built on agile principles. We've been a
top-two Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT five years in a
row and were recently named a Top 50 Employer for Minority
Engineers & IT by Workforce Diversity Magazine.Tasks:
- Identify and manage existing and emerging risks that stem from
business activities and the job role.
- Ensure risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follow written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
- Responsible for developing, maintaining, testing, and
monitoring an internal control environment, including preventative
and detective controls, to effectively manage risks.
- Builds and oversees a team of employees for assigned technology
support area through ongoing execution of recruiting, development,
retention, coaching and support, performance management, and
- Provides leadership for those involved in the development,
design and optimization of technology support functions supporting
business and/or technical processes.
- Manages the identification, research, and analysis of business,
process, and technology opportunities.
- Informs and tracks metrics for technology support capabilities
and/or processes (KPIs, KRIs, etc.).
- Conducts or oversees technology efforts by applying technical
expertise; promoting adherence to all procedures and policies.
- Partner with key functions to align IT strategy and initiatives
in support of business strategy and goals.
- Operationalizes documentation standards and quality assurance
methodologies for technology support functions and ensure adherence
to standards by respective team.
- Manages and forecasts unit level expenses which may include
department allocations, Product/Component, 3rd Party,
project/program, software and vendor expenses.
- Manages and leverages the relationship with 3rd Party vendors
to ensure achievement of technology support objectives.
- May be responsible for vendor management activities including
service agreements, staff augmentation and technology
- Role models USAA-'s mission, core values, culture and desired
behaviors -- including a sound risk culture.
- Minimum requirements:
- Bachelor's degree required
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum
required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6 years of experience in a technology function to include 2
years leadership experience, demonstrated in either a supervisor or
individual contributor role, of IT Professionals in a Software
Development/Engineering or Infrastructure environment.
- Hands on experience actively driving the technology life cycle
from requirements analysis, feasibility estimates, design, code,
configure, documentation, testing, implementation, and
- Experience building or leading multi-disciplined technology
teams using industry best practices
- Experience coaching and advising team members to help them
accomplish project goals, meet established schedules, and resolve
technical and operational issues.
- Ability to drive a culture of quality and personal
accountability through technology support teams.
- Relevant knowledge in technical domains that reside within
Infrastructure Services, Data or Application Development.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience in translating needs into
- Demonstrated experience explaining complex technology decisions
to both technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Understanding of relevant industry frameworks, i.e. COBIT,
ITIL, SaFE, etc.--
- Understanding of Legislative and Regulatory Compliance
Requirements.When you apply for this position, you will be required
to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5
minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to
finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your
- Experience with large scale data & analytics--
- Experience in execution leveraging SAFe methodology,
influencing through business, 3P partners, solution and program
- Technical experience in building and/or enhancing warehousing
capabilities utilizing modern cloud-based data ingestion/data
integration/Data consumption tools(ex:- Snowflake/Informatic/DBT
- P&C insurance experience with Data & Analytics focus The
above description reflects the details considered vital to describe
the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a
detailed description of all the work requirements that may be
performed in the job.Compensation:USAA has an effective method for
assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your
experience and market position. The salary range for this skill is:
$106,800-$192,300* (this does not include geographic differential
it may be applied based on your work location)Employees may be
eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and
individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of
Directors. Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential
is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in
locations where market pay levels are above the national
average.Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for
applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core
hours. Benefits:At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits
to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These
benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans,
401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption
assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid
volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education assists employees
with their professional goals. Please click on the link below for
more details.USAA Total RewardsRelocation assistance is Not
Available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Manager Senior, Information Technology, Executive , La Coste, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!